Mt Hood

Yesterday I posted an image from a very hot place. So in todays post it almost feels appropriate to post an image from an opposite spectrum, from somewhere really cold. Mt Hood in Oregon is perfect candidate for it and I have photo that will fit the bill. This photo was taken very recently during my short  visit to pacific north west. I took a ton of photos over one day period, hopefully many will provide slightly different perspective so I can share them without too much repeat of the same scene <sigh>.

This photo was taken about 30 minutes before sunset. I was staying overnight at the Timberline Lodge and went for some hiking before sunset and then the following morning during sunrise. As you can see Iโ€™m very near the top of the Mt Hoot alpine, this was taken somewhere midway of the last lift line that takes you up the mountain. They close lifts at 4PM, with sunset at around 5:10PM I was all along up there on the mountain. Pretty cool.

Most of you know it, but here is quick reminder, if you want to see any of my images in higher resolution then all you need to do is to click on it. They will open up from my photo gallery at smugmug.com. Enjoy!

This entry was posted in Mt Hood, Oregon and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Mt Hood

1. Lovely. I like snow and cold much better than hot, humid and dry!

2. scillagrace says:

I’m with purpleborough!

3. Great photo. I’d love to visit Mt Hood sometime. I definitly deal better with cold more than heat.

4. Lovely photo, but I’m glad I’m not there. It’s cold enough where I’m at.

5. Dmitrii says:

thanks guys, personally I don’t like extreme cold or heat. Somewhere around 75F is just perfect ๐Ÿ™‚

6. BoJo Photo says:

Very beautiful!

7. wiffer says:

Gorgeous!

8. To be honest, with a scenery like this I wouldn’t mind repetition! I absolutely love this!

9. Filipino Festival says:

Reblogged this on FilipinoFestival.com.

10. I’m really starting to look forward to my daily email from you ๐Ÿ™‚ Great photos Dimitri, really enjoy going through them.

11. I almost feel I want to eat this photograph, that snow looks so thick and delicious!

12. uribg says:

Hi Dimitrii, thanks for “liking” my post on http://uribotanicalgardens.wordpress.com/
    I enjoy your pictures and write-ups very much.
    I love the picture of Mt Hood… there’s been a serious lack of winter weather on the East Coast this year!

13. I’m one of those cold loving freaks and seeing such beautiful pictures just makes my heart warm ๐Ÿ˜€

14. We are in the pacific NW right now so this caught my eye. Beautiful place! I love Timberline lodge!

15. aacohen97 says:

I really adore this photo! Splendid job. I am a WordPress photographer as well, you have inspired me.

16. Jenson Yu says:

Looks like the tree man in Lord of the Rings. ๐Ÿ˜‰

17. tizz says:

Pretty cool! – Literally ๐Ÿ™‚
    Now, I think you should come to Brazil and take some shots here. You’ll be surprised by the different types of landscapes you’ll find in one place.
    Lovely blog. You’ve just got a new stalker ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Cheers

18. truels says:

Very beautiful place – and photo!

19. Pingback: Sunrise at Mt Hood | Travel Photography by Dmitrii Lezine