The Bean

Couple weeks ago I had a long layover in Chicago, long enough to catch a train to downtown and explorer some areas, take some photos and claim my 41st state. With Chicago under the belt, I have Illinois under the belt and it makes nice 41 US States that I have visited and took a photo. Getting close.

The Bean is pretty cool, and it attracts a lot of people doing all kind of selfies. I took some “selfies” as well, it is hard not to take one if you take a photo of this thing in any close proximity, you are going to see your reflection in it. But most of the shots I ended up taking of people standing right next to it and taking their selfies next to The Bean. I’ll have to post a few in the near future.

This entry was posted in Chicago, Illinois and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The Bean

1. seaangel4444 says:

Great shot our “Our Bean” here in CHItown! Most people usually take photos up close; however, I absolutely love this photo!! Perfect capture!! Cher xo

2. Mary says:

Wow, that is a cool looking place. 41 states…..awesome!

3. Ron Scubadiver says:

Not the usual perspective for this famous piece of public art.

4. Love Chicago and this picture with the Fall leaves.

5. Alli Farkas says:

What others just said–I’ve never seen “Cloud Gate” (that’s the Bean’s real name) photographed from this intriguing angle either. This shot gives you a real idea of just how huge it is.

6. S. V. Romero says:

Chicago is Beautiful in the fall…

7. WH says:

I didn’t expect to think much of Cloud Gate the first time I visited Chicago but I found it absolutely fascinating and I love that people enjoy taking selfies with it!