One Way Only

I have an old film camera from my childhood, called Zenit, it was made in Soviet Union in the early eighties. I have not used it in the last 20 plus years. Recently, after doing some research, I learned that the lens used on that camera can actually be used on my Sony camera with a special adapter. The adapter costs only $20 and now I can use my old Helios lens on the modern camera. Pretty cool deal. Of course it is manual only, but it is OK, actually gives me full control where I want it to focus. I’ve been playing with it when I get a chance, like in the following photos.

This entry was posted in Reston, Virginia and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to One Way Only

1. suej says:

You’re having some fun here!

2. Nelson says:

I have a 50 mm fully manual lens on my Nikon and I bought just to remember how it was in the old days. I have to say it is an humbling experience because the focus of my photos with that lens is not always sharp especially if I work at a shallow depth of field

yes, the only difference is that Sony has focus peaking technology in its cameras, which shows exactly where the focus is at the moment. Very easy to use. None of my Nikon cameras have this capability, so it is easy to miss and get it blurry

3. rlishman84 says:

This photo makes me want to follow the people to find out where they’re going! Great shot 🙂

4. Iosif says:

These photos look as if they were taking with a digital camera, they are clearer than any picture I’ve taken with a soviet device!

5. Mrs Hicks says:

Lovely! I have three Zenits – one my own, two inherited from my dad – and I’ve managed to get an adapter for the Helios lenses for my Sony NEX. The only problem I have is that the lenses are heavier than the camera body, so keeping things steady when shooting is hard!

6. Wallace says:

The old Zenit B with it’s crappy fabric shutter and it’s uneven exposures… but it did have a built in light meter, which was such innovation in its day.

have no idea what kind of shutter is inside the camera, it is seating on the bookshelf at home… the lens from it is on the other hand currently attached to Sony camera

7. Great stuff…I use loads of old Pentax glass on my Nikon and always have fun……

8. Coolpams says: