In St Augustine

St Augustine is a cool little city on the northern part of the Florida Atlantic coast. It is one of the oldest (if not the oldest) cities in the United States. As you might guess, the photo was taken sometime around Christmas time, but it is south enough for palm trees to be happy green. We were there on for couple days to see what its all about and take a few photos, with early morning being the most deserted.

This entry was posted in Florida, St Augustine and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to In St Augustine

1. Lori D says:

This is my favorite place in Florida, and if I’m not mistaken, they do say it is the oldest town in the U.S. I have so many pictures from there back in the day with film cameras. I need to go back soon and get some more on digital. Thanks for sharing this one.

2. 1heartsoundm says:

My most favourite place of all. Home for me for many years and some of my fondest memories ever made include this place. This photo triggered many today. Thank you for sharing.

3. kazg10 says:

Great shot, love your point of view with the chains up close and personal 🙂

4. greenishpeas says:

Such a beautiful place! I live in South Florida and always want to return to St. Augustine. Thanks for sharing the photo!

5. Heartafire says:

I love St. Augustine, even though it has become a bit of a tourist trap…still beautiful with some lovely waterfront dining known only to the locals! thank you for the lovely pic.

6. JD says:

My home. Enjoy it!!

It’s so beautiful!

8. kelihasablog says:

I haven’t been there yet, but do plan to go when it isn’t quite so hot. It’s one of those places where your imagination can just run wild with its history as well as unique beauty. Love your photo! Maybe I’ll get there in October or November. : D

9. I love the composition and simplicity of this image.

Way to go.