Friday Mystery Photo

I have to say that this was probably the most beautiful hike I have ever done. Almost entire 8 miles loop around this lake had this type of views. Hours and hours of breath taking scenery. You can see a trail on the other side gradually coming up, I walked there a few hours before getting to this spot. I had lunch somewhere there, right above the lake. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Since it is Friday, Iโ€™m not revealing the location right away. Anyone hiked around this lake and can tell the rest the name of it?

Weekend Update: Iโ€™m in Seattle at the moment and on weekends try to make the best of it and visit some cool places. Yes, as a few of you (kazg10 and Zach Schierl) identified, this is the Lake Anne in the North Cascades in Washington State. I went there last weekend for a very marvelous hike. It took me 4 hours to get there (and back) and almost 8 hours of hiking made it one long day, but all worth it.

This entry was posted in Lake Anne, Washington and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Friday Mystery Photo

1. Heartafire says:

beautiful…I don’t recognize this location but it is awesome.

2. jaytee59 says:

Beautiful, that would be the place for me and the dogs right now ….

3. kazg10 says:

Hmm my first guess but its not a strong one is Lake Ann???, Washington…. Id just like to say I look forward to your Friday mystery photos…Its Friday night here, I kick back and check out your photo and any clues and away I go on google… I find it challenging, entertaining and also informative about our beautiful world ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Ankur Sharma says:

This is epic, Dmitrii!! Nice ๐Ÿ™‚

5. rlishman84 says:

This is stunning! I have no idea where this is, but would take a stab at a) Italian Dolomites b) New Zealand??

6. Crater Lake in Oregon?

7. Lindy says:

Hidden Lake in Glacier National Park?

8. judysbirds says:

Wow. How beautiful, wherever it is!!

9. Zach Schierl says:

Looks like Lake Ann in the North Cascades. Been there in the fall when the larches are turning colors. Absolutely gorgeous!

10. Antisocial Patty says:

What a spectacular photo! I hope you tell us where it is, so I can add it to my list of places to visit.

11. Hey dmitri,
    Gorgeous spot, I think I’m living my life vicariously through your photos these day!

Very beautiful but for me it stays mystery

13. intoxicating ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Thank you for visiting and following my blog “A Picture a Day”. Much appreciated. Your work is completely different, but I enjoy looking at it.