Arc de Triomphe

I wish I had my little fitbit thingy when I was in Paris, because I walked and walked, have no idea how many miles I put around there in a few days. By the end of the day my feet were killing me and I had to change different shoes from preventing getting blisters, as the shoes I had were not the most comfortable walking shoes for 8-10 hours day, too late to discover.

This entry was posted in France, Paris and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Arc de Triomphe

1. Rajiv says:

Superb perspective!

2. kazg10 says:

I know the feeling! Your feet are crying stop but your eyes are urging your body to keep going. So much to see and photograph and so little time.

3. nina says:

Paris is a beautiful city to walk, even without measuring Fitbit steps. I was also there pre-Fitbit.

4. mbaldelli says:

If you remember the roads you walked on, google maps works wonders. 😀

5. Rama's Mama says:

Wonderful! I have yet to visit there.

6. Reblogged this on RoadNet Travel and commented:
    The famous Arc de Triomphe is one of the most famous monuments in Paris said to house the tomb of unknown soldier. It stands in the centre of the Place Charles de Gaulle at 50 meters high and 45 meters wide (164 feet high and 147.6 feet wide).

The Arc is conspicuously located on the right bank of the Seine at the center of a dodecagonal configuration of twelve radiating avenues. It was commissioned in 1806 after the victory at Austerlitz by Emperor Napoleon at the peak of his fortunes. Laying the foundations alone took two years and, in 1810, when Napoleon entered Paris from the west with his bride Archduchess Marie-Louise of Austria, he had a wooden mock-up of the completed arch constructed.

7. Great view, and your story brought back memories of my trips to Paris. I ended up with a back ache at the end of each day from walking all over town. I climbed the stairs to get to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath, but it was worth the effort. I took the elevator down.

It’s very entertaining to watch the traffic and drivers maneuver that round-about. It can be an anxious watch too. I saw so many near miss accidents watching the traffic around the Arc I would gasp, then marvel that there were no wrecks! It’s an amazing city. Thanks for waking up forgotten memories.

Great place and photo.

9. dianaed2013 says:

Glad you made the most of the visit – it’s probably the same in any capital but certainly London which I visit frequently