Atlantic City

Its been couple weeks since last post. I’m still around… just didn’t get around to posting anything, at times didn’t feel like and at times was busy and didn’t get to it. Little break away from it all is good once in a while.

Over this time I managed to drive through New Jersey and stay overnight in Atlantic City. My goal was to take couple photos from this state to claim it as #34 of the US States that I have visited and posted a photo on this blog. Yep, one by one, getting them all done. I have now entire east coast, entire west coast and all states on the south. Pretty much everything else in the middle is still on my target list, but I do have a few years to cover them.

I have been to Atlantic City once before, about ten years ago, on a quick drive from NYC with some friends. This time around was about as quick as last time, with the exception of me sleeping over there. I didn’t go to any casinos, just took some photos, had a burger at that restaurant on the right and then walked a few miles on the boardwalk, trying to burn just consumed calories. Not many people were on the boardwalk, maybe they were giving away their money inside the casinos, so it was a bit boring as I really had very few people watching opportunities. People watching is very entertaining once in a while.

This entry was posted in Atlantic City, New Jersey and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Atlantic City

1. Ankur Sharma says:

“Taj Mahal” …. I like the name, hehe 😀

2. Rajiv says:

Lovely shot…

3. Maggie Beck says:

Oh dear … Your photo is wonderful, but I almost want to say that you can’t count NJ in your ‘been there’ list until you get FAR away from AC 🙂

yes, I’m sure there are many other places to visit, maybe someday I get a chance. I knew that I’ll be there in the late evening and wanted to make sure to have something glitzy with a lot of lights

4. Great shot-but it looks as cheap and junky as Las Vegas.

5. Lori D says:

I wish I could take photography lessons from you. Maybe you can stop by and teach me something if you visit Florida. 🙂

Great photo with a lot of details

7. madisonrolls says:

I love AC!! Have you ever been to Ocean City? I was just there, you may like it http://madisonrolls.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/ocean-city-nj-a-family-resort/

8. mvschulze says:

Nice image. Last week, my wife and I had one of those Cheeseburgers in Paradise at that same restaurant – Jimmy Buffet’s “Landshark,” on a slightly dreary week-day after walking the boardwalk . The outside deck hit the spot, on the beach with good, appropriate beach music. M

yes, I was on the deck, right above the outdoor fireplace, with couple singing in front of me. they were pretty good. I think I was the only person on the deck at the time, most folks were down by the fireplace and the open bar, consuming some cocktails

9. Adventures in the Burbs says:

I’m headed to AC in October. Going to see Motley Crue for their final farewell tour. Should be a blast!