Where the Wild Things Are

Over the last couple years on every short trip or hike I try to take as many photos as I can. When the trip is done, I might process some of them, but many will be just seating on the hard drive. Occasionally I’ll browse through them and try to find something to process and show on the blog. Yesterday I have been processing bunch of them from the same day, during which we hiked and then spent some time around town. I did a few time lapses at the time as well. Hopefully I can get all of them ready soon, compile into short movie and post it online.

This was one of the first photos I took that day as we went on a short hike at Mount Mitchell.

This entry was posted in Mount Mitchell, North Carolina and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Where the Wild Things Are

1. I love the raw / fresh look of this place. Definitely a good spot to take a deep breath and reunite with the World!

2. kmoser56 says:

Often it’s hard to capture the depth of such an image. I can feel myself drawing through and down. Beautiful image.

3. DuvessSimone says:

Almost haunting . . .very nice angle

4. I like the lighting on this. Since you take many photos of walks in the forest, any suggestions on taking photos of trees that do them justice?

5. dianaed2013 says:

Like the view point and woods as they really are

6. judysbirds says:

How beautiful with all the green moss. Thanks for sharing.

7. I agree that it looks kind of like in the book! Well done!

8. Love the moss – the organic decay being covered by organic growth.

9. Cathy Ulrich says:

This shot works really well as an HDR, Dimitri. I love the highlights, shadows and color saturation! It has that wonderful painterly quality of HDR.

10. I love this picture. Even though there is a dead tree in the centre, it is full of life and energy.

11. John says:

Love it! Reminds me of Michigan’s pine forests.

12. suej says:

I like this…draws us in

13. Dmitrii says:

thanks all for stopping by!

14. Evi says:

The moss on rotten wood was so beautiful