Dead End

Do you think they put that sign to indicate the road condition or something else?

In this case it very well could be indicating the whole situation on this specific block. The entire area have seen better times and when we were there if didn’t show any sign of business activity. The big Mill in the back was closed and will either be demolished or potentially converted into something else. It is sad to see places falling apart and and no longer functioning, but at the same time it provides some good opportunities for photography and whatever else happens around it. Cycle of life.

This entry was posted in Bozeman, Montana and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Dead End

1. dianaed2013 says:

Interesting – makes one think

2. Nice shot ….and I to know several places where that sign could be well placed!

3. Very tongue in check. And what a contrast to the natural colors. That sign hits you in the face.

4. Dan Traun says:

I often wonder why some opt to use “dead end” vs. “no outlet.” The later may change scene some…or not.

5. Rajiv says:

Nice shot indeed. Excellent composition

6. That is actually quite a funny sign. It is obvious that it is a dead end

7. Nelson says:

I think those old and abandonned buildings hold so many stories, when I see one like that fadding away I always want to grab my cam and take some shots

8. Dmitrii says:

thanks guys for stopping by!

9. SPFischer says:

Great framing gave this fantastic photo a terrific story!

10. simon7banks says:

Maybe it’s the name of the place and always was? After all, another place is called Tombstone.