Eifel Light

As winter storm on the east coast goes away, it reminds me of prettier time during my visit to Paris. I spent there a few days, walking for hours every day and exploring different parts of the city. It is so huge and so much to see, in those few days I only scratched a small surface of it all.

During my first evening I made my way to the Eifel Tower right around sunset, hoping to get good light. I’m glad I went there on that night, as it is the only day when I saw any sun. Every other day Paris was showing to me its grey overcast side.

While taking photos around Eifel Tower, couple young girls tried to scam me out of some cash. They were walking around with a notepad collecting names for some kind of petition. Being a nice tourist I identified myself as something like “John Smith from NYC”. Then she started demanding cash to donate to their cause. When I offered some change in US coins, she said that they only take larger amount, to which I told her that is all I have. She was not happy and quickly figured out that she will not get anything out of me, turned around and went to hunt another target. A few minutes later I saw someone else filling her petition.

This entry was posted in France, Paris and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Eifel Light

1. Al says:

That’s an eye-full 😉

2. Reblogged this on The View Through My Lens and commented:
    Great photo

3. Wow amazing shot! It is difficult to find a unique perspective of the Tower and you did it!

Fantastic shot. Very personal.
    Well done

5. Rajiv says:

One of the best shots of the Eiffel Tower that I have seen

6. Beautiful shot! There are some gypsies who have petitions for tourists to sign –usually around the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre –it is a scam, so it’s best to ignore them. There’s also a “lost wedding ring” scam. But, other than that, Paris seems to be fairly free of the sorts of crime that are most fearful to tourists (like muggings). We always tell clients about these silly scams and other things so they aren’t taken advantage of.

7. Ankur Sharma says:

Nice photo, Dmitrii! I have a feeling this picture would look really cool in B&W 🙂
    Would love to see you process it that way!

8. nfrodrigues says:

This makes me want to go to Paris!

9. I hadn’t seen the tower from this angle. Nice one, Dmitri.