Vermont State Capitol

Last week we did a quick drive through the Vermont, just in time to catch some day light and take a few photos. Yep, this is another one under my belt, and now with the exception of Delaware, I have visited, took photo and published it, every east coast state. I feel happy about it.

Montpelier happens to be a cute little town and capital of the Vermont. I actually had no clue that it was a capital before driving into it. If we had more time I’d definitely stopped there over night, there were some interesting looking restaurants and bars, and cool little shops to explorer. Not sure if I will ever have a chance to be there, kind of out of the way from where I live and where we usually go.

Click to see me in high resolution!

Purchase Limited Edition Print of this photo

This entry was posted in Montpelier, Vermont and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Vermont State Capitol

1. Beautiful photo!
    The top of the building goes with the colours of the tree’s.

2. HotPressJess says:

The gold and less-saturated blue is beautiful! Autumn causes my heart to rebuke the predictable perfection of Hawaii. Great job capturing the east coast, my former home. *sigh* Perhaps I will turn up the AC this year long enough for Irish Stew and Hot Cocoa with gingerbread…

Will you expand west? What’s next after Delaware?

Happy Travels,
    –Jess

Thanks! I just look at all east states and NJ is missing too. I drove so many times through it, but never spent any time to take photos, so both Delaware and NJ are still remaining. I actually been to every west coast state with exception of Alaska and Hawaii. Not sure when I visit those, require much more time and resources to go there. I still have to cover 20 states in the middle. But I have a few more years to cover it all.

3. Rusha Sams says:

At first I saw the trees, then the clouds. What a great time to capture this photo!

4. AAwww. I love Mountpelier. Such a quaint darling state capital. Great shot!

5. JennyO says:

I love the angle you took on this photo! Beautiful. I would love to travel the East Coast.

6. 2me4art says:

Wonderful to see home. I grew up playing on that lawn. ~amy

7. 2me4art says:

Reblogged this on 2me4art and commented:
    This is my childhood hometown. I miss it down to my bones. Wish I Was There.

8. WestEastern says:

Beautiful photo! Vermont is an awesome place; definitely stay a while if you have time in the future.

9. digitalgranny says:

beautiful, absoutely beautiful.

Well done.Great photo and using the light very beautiful

11. cornishtim says:

I was there just a few days ago. The building has a fascinating history and a wonderful interior. Your lovely photo brings back memories of beautiful Vermont in the fall.

12. Great processing on this image – really like it

13. Phayvanh Luekhamhan says:

Great photo. Come back again–Montpelier is highly photogenic!

14. mvschulze says:

Nice Photo. Did you notice the dog’s face in the clouds? – looking to the right with a collar? M

15. nice photo. Lived in Vermont 30+ years and we always referred to the state capital as “Mont Peculiar”.

16. Nice with the slightly dramatic skies.