The Basin

I’m on the roll here. Not with posting much, that is far away from being on the roll, as I’ve been slacking in that department. But I’m on the roll with posting the third straight photo from a new state. I’m on the roll to get all of them under the belt, hehe, time is pressing.

This is “The Basin” in the Franconia Notch State Park in New Hampshire. The cool thing about Pemigewasset River is that part of the park is that it is carved its way in the solid slab of rock. Very cool, I haven’t seen waterfalls like this on the East coast in the past.

This entry was posted in New Hampshire and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The Basin

1. dianaed2013 says:

Lovely close up of the pool

2. The natural shape of the river looks like a piece of art. I like the colours and textures and the smoothness of the weathered river. Beautiful!

3. DuvessSimone says:

Thats amazing. I want to go there.
    I live in North Queensland, Australia, surrounded by waterfalls, but never have I seen something as beautiful as this!!!

4. Ian Beattie says:

Wow looks so inviting

5. Chas Spain says:

Very beautiful – agree this looks like a work of art – like a Henry Moore sculpture reclining by the pool.

6. John says:

Glaciers do fantastic work, great photo!!

7. Amy says:

Amazing rock. Cool shot!

8. Nice shot! That pool is actually called, “The Basin”. I lived most of my life in NH and we’d frequently visit that, the Flume, Cannon Mountain, North Conway, Franconia Notch, etc. I miss being close by now.

9. 1stpeaksteve says:

Florida is super level but we have a springs here that flows out of a small cave and the river has carved a track through the rocks like this. It has eroded the banks to form a rock “table”. So when you stand at the bank of the river; you can swim under the ledge which is basically under the people on the shoreline. It is pretty fun to go under it and swim downstream with the current.

Cool pic but I can only imagine the water temp being in New Hampshire!

Great photo of the pool.

11. Nature is a wonderful artist and thanks to you we get to enjoy it through your eyes. Thanks

12. I just love this, what a beautiful photograph.

13. Rajiv says:

You are on a roll!!

14. You are truly on a roll. Keep them coming…..

15. abbey7224 says: