50 by 50

Five New States This Year So Far

One of my goals is to have a photo on my blog from all fifty states by the time I turn fifty. With today’s post I have twenty two states under my belt, with five new states this year. Twenty eight more to go. I have a few more years to achieve this goal, it will be not the easiest one to accomplish as I have never actually been to any states in the middle of the country, never had a reason to be anywhere there. Some road trips are probably in order.

Newport Bridge

By the end of this year I want to cover all of the states on the East coast, there are a few more to photograph, this is one of the new ones, the State of Rhode Island. Recently I drove up to Boston and stopped over night in Rhode Island. Newport Bridge sounded like an interesting place to get a photo off at the sunrise.

Purchase Limited Edition Print of this photo

This entry was posted in Newport, Rhode Island and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to 50 by 50

1. Ha! Thats a wicked idea, good luck with it!

2. Ben says:

Stunning shot, I love the composition. Good luck with your 50 by 50 goal!

3. mvschulze says:

Been across this many times, and taken a few unimpressive images now and then, but not like this. Just beautiful.

4. Rusha Sams says:

What an interesting goal! Hope you make it — and I’m sure you will. This is a lovely photo, by the way! http://ohtheplaceswesee.com

5. BeachBaby says:

You can achieve whatever you so desire, chase the dream! Great Photographs!

6. Lynne Ayers says:

Nothing like a goal to keep us moving and seeing.

7. What a great goal to have – and this is a lovely image to add to your growing collection!

8. I am from the midwest. I think the most beautiful drive is Colorado.

9. Wonderful shot! Love the composition. And good luck in meeting your goal.

10. Dusty Roads says:

I left 50 in the dust long ago but I am trying to get to every state. My problem is I find a state I like and keep going back. Good luck with your goal. I live near Rhode Island. Nice shot.

11. Pingback: Missouri and Montana | aroundustyroads

12. S. V. Romero says:

Reblogged this on Artistic Nymphalis and commented:
    Wow!!! That’s a beautiful picture… Love how u captured the lighting and mirror reflection…can’t wait to see more in the future…

13. S. V. Romero says:

Love the composition.Fantastic result.Very beautiful.

15. Great Composition. Grat job. Congratulations!

16. You bet me to the idea…..I want to do a US tour as well….. This is just beautiful…wishing you the best in your travels……:)

17. Your work is fantastic! I look forward reposting and supporting your efforts!

18. That delightful glint in the foreground contrasts very nicely with smoothness of the rest.

19. kazg10 says:

Great composition and shot.. Can I ask what lens you use?