Endless Sky

Wine or Beer

I go in cycles, sometimes it is red wine, sometimes it is beer cycle, the microbrew type of beer. With reds, it is something tasty, like Shiraz or Cabernet. What’s your poison?

Today’s Photo

I was walking early morning around the Bryant Park, looking for anything to photograph, didn’t really see anything in the park, but as I walked back out to the 6th Avenue I saw this huge skyscraper, all windows, reflecting the blue sky and fast moving white clouds. I thought that it might look interesting.  To get the reflection I went all the way to the bottom of it and took a few snaps, trying to keep the lines symmetrical in the viewfinder. The final image was cropped heavily, the sky was removed and some other oddities at the top of the building cropped out as well. I was contemplating to keep the sky in the photo, but decided against it. Maybe I’ll keep it on the other shot, with less clouds, a bit more blue in the windows and up there in the sky.

Have a great week everyone, it is Monday after all. I hope I have a good one too!

Endless Sky - Click to see it in Hi Resolution!!!

Purchase Limited Edition print of this photo

This entry was posted in NY, NYC and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Endless Sky

1. StillWalks says:

French Merlot, vote du Rhone, Pinot noir …..yum 🙂

2. PSsquared says:

I love this photo! And I love a good Cabernet. Cheers. 🙂

3. Lori D says:

I like the cropped image. If you didn’t make clear what it was, I might’ve thought it was marble tile or some kind of outdoor walkway. Cool.

4. Shelley Molnar says:

Very nice. I’m guessing it was the former Verizon building?

5. lostlenscap says:

I’d say the crop is a good idea, makes a nice abstract.

6. alexsiborn says:

Hello . I’m Alex.

I would like to publish a sponsored post (with one link) on your great blog – placesunknown.com. Could you please give me the price for the placement of it?

Please contact me for more details. Thx

7. A Taste of Brazil says:

Beautiful. I love the window lines, forcing you to decide whether to look at the building or the reflection of the sky!

8. I know that building! Nice edit 🙂 I like a good, rich Malbec or a tangy lambic beer.
    xoxo – alxandrialee