Wet times Square

East Coast is super wet right now, it seems like it is raining everywhere and it is really raining, I mean, like pouring down. I happen to be in Times Square during this big wetness period, got literally soaked wet all the way through my underwear, my shorts were drenched in water, I ended up walking right straight through deep pools of water in my running shoes, all to try take some photos of somewhat deserted Times Square. My first attempt with 14-24 didn’t go too well as it got immediately wet and I had to go back to hotel and change it to 24-70 as it has much longer lens hood and can keep external water from getting on the glass, well at least for some time. I think I got couple shots that were decent, here is one of them.

Purchase Limited Edition Print of this photo

This entry was posted in NY, NYC and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Wet times Square

1. GP says:

L’ha ribloggato su The Law of News.

2. Zina_G says:

I love this photo! So cool 🙂

3. tripodtrippin says:

Great image, Dimitrii. You have certainly made the best of the inclement weather situation.

4. What an amazing photograph, it is very beautiful, I have a friend who has just flown yesterday to New York she will have a bit of a shock as we are actually having some lovely summer weather here in the UK.

5. Maggie beck says:

Fantastic image, Dmitri! What a storm it was, and you made it beautiful! I am hoping for some interesting flotsam and jetsam washing up from the storm just a bit south on the NJ shoreline over the weekend. Enjoy a sunny Saturday!

6. rabirius says:

Perfect picture.

7. mithriluna says:

The things photographers do to get the right shot. In this case, I think the effort really paid off. Great shot. The image really tells a story.

8. Sharon K. says:

This is a really beautiful image. Almost evocative of Bladerunner. Well done, rabirius!! 🙂

9. Sharon K. says:

sorry, I meant dmitrii. Beautiful image, dmitrii!!

10. mikerobbers says:

Beautiful picture! I love the vibrant colors and the lively imagery of New York.

Well done.What an fantastic photo.

12. fgassette says:

WONDERFUL PHOTO!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

13. Reblogged this on A Glimpse Into My Work and commented:
    This is Great! Very picturesque. Definitely worth the time Dmitri took (drenched clothing and all) to capture the images.

14. spcbrass says:

I like it! Rarely do you see times square this empty and the rain makes for some great reflections on the sidewalk! Nice Job!

so true, I have been to it only about 4 times, twice in rain and twice no rain. it is like night and day. with no rain it is so packed, like sardines in the can

15. lucylingphotography says:

Wow ! Def worth get wet for!!! Great blog x

16. GrowlTigger says:

This photo has a soft quality probably due to the falling rain. All the surface water reflections and that soft appearance gave me the impression of one of those paintings that has a close to photo look. A really good capture and I hope you feel it was worth getting wet for.

17. promoted this one on Twitter for you – it’s a beauty.

18. JTA says:

This photo is amazing. Thank you for taking it!

19. This is a stunning image! Love it!

20. What a great image…

21. Nice ! Times Square in the rain!

22. Charles Ford says:

I know the rain really ups the difficulty level when out shooting, at least it does for me. This is GREAT!

23. Rich Lewis says:

This is a classic image of a classic place. Nice choice to make this in the rain with al the great colorful reflections in the wet street. You really captured the mood of New York in the rain.

24. nicely done. I’m glad you persevered.