Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park

Last night we watched “Chasing Mavericks” and it made me think about California coastline. This photo is not exactly the same area where they do a lot of surfing, but it made think about this spot as I watched the movie. We stopped here during the bright sunny day, not the best time for photography, but when you have only one day to cover a lot of places it is hard to be picky. There were quite a few people on the short trail that takes from the parking to this view and even during the day there were a few folks with serious cameras.

BigSur-Waterfall1-small

This entry was posted in Big Sur, California, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park

1. Steven Tze says:

I’m always amazed that before one of the major landslides dumped directly into this location and created the beach, the waterfall used to spill directly into the ocean.

2. rabirius says:

Beautiful scenery.

3. Paula says:

Breathtaking spot and picture!

4. aycorundum says:

So jealous!!!! Its on my list of must see’s but sadly I haven’t got out that far yet! ONE DAY!

5. Oh I was just there last week! I absolutely loved it. I had seen pictures before our trip and wondered if the “real thing” could really be that beautiful and it was. Check out http://wp.me/p2hybl-8q

6. This is a beautiful area. I know it well. I usually tell people in France that this is the prettiest place in the US, and second only to the Mediterranean coast line!

7. Sheila says:

So beautiful! Love this image! ~ Sheila

8. mvschulze says:

This is remarkable. I’d love to spend a few days in and around here, camera in hand.

Amazing and breathtaking place

10. Your photos are stunning….new follower. Looking forward to seeing more in the future.

11. mbeephoto says:

Wouldn’t mind spending some time at a place like that right now… Really good shot, even for being taken in bright sunshine!