Friday Mystery Photo

Unless you have been to this small shopping building I would not expect you to know it, so chances are very slim for anyone to know where it is, but you never know, maybe, just maybe one of you my great visitors actually been to this place. Also if you are investigative enough and have laser sharp eyes then you might be able to figure it out just by looking at this photo as well. Whoโ€™s first?

Saturday Update: A few very good guesses! All of those places probably have similar shopping centers, but this one happens to be in downtown Asheville North Carolina. This was one of the first photos I took with D800 about twelve months ago on one of my visits to Asheville. The amount of detail this camera provides is really incredible.

This entry was posted in Asheville, North Carolina and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Friday Mystery Photo

1. Ankur Sharma says:

Wow, Dmitrii! I have no clue where this might be, but this is really beautiful! Nicely done ๐Ÿ™‚

2. I give up ๐Ÿ™‚ So where is it?

3. Although it’s been 14 years since I’ve been there, it reminds me of the hallway between connecting hotels in Las Vegas….

4. NikkiAnne says:

Great photo of an absolutely charming spot. I love the open spiral staircases!
    It doesn’t feel American to me, although I am admittedly ignorant of the East Coast. ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. I’d have to say somewhere in Spain, France, Italy or Portugal?

6. I have no idea, but the photo is absolutely beautiful! Check out my travel blogs at traviscaulfield.wordpress.com and traviscaulfield2.wordpress.com. I can’t wait to follow more of your great travel photos!

7. I have no idea where it is, but I like the photograph.Nice shot!

8. PSsquared says:

I’m stumped, but this is a great photo. How did you get the people to leave so you could take the shot? ๐Ÿ™‚

9. penpusherpen says:

wherever it is, it looks somewhere ideal to wander, I see two people, window shopping.., whilst chatting and smiling x

Nice place for shopping!

11. Lee says:

Howdy Dmitrii – I recognized that shopping center immediately. I took a lot of photos of the gargoyles and other decorations in the columns and trimwork while my wife shopped when we were there a couple of summers ago. Nice place, though it seemed almost spooky-quiet…

12. My guess is Sydney Australia. Wow amazing photo

13. Thanks for visiting and liking my latest blog post. As a new blogger, it’s encouraging to get positive feedback from those much more experienced than I. I will enjoy following your blog, I am learning so much by reading other people’s photo blogs.

14. You may have already said where this is, but I wanted to guess before looking if the answer was here. Somewhere in Canada? Thanks so much for visiting and liking my post on the beach and depression.

15. themofman says:

I usually don’t like to talk hardware because it’s really not the camera that makes great pictures but the artist who uses the instrument well. I do love your HDR work in any case. What camera(s) are you using?