Slide Rock State Park

We were there in the middle of the winter and as you can see it was a bit cold. What I’m wondering if the name of the park stays true to its name in the summer time. Does anyone know if you can get in the water and slide on any of the rocks? There are a lot of places down there that seems like would allow this, do they actually allow to get in the water to do it, not sure. You can see one of the photos from the river level here.

Purchase Limited Edition print of this photo

This entry was posted in Arizona, Sliding Rock State Park and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Slide Rock State Park

1. Amazing photo. So many different textures and tones 🙂

2. Zach Schierl says:

I grew up near here…you can definitely get in the water in the summer! In fact, Slide Rock SP is a madhouse in the summer, one of the most popular attractions in Arizona. You were smart to visit in the winter when you can avoid the masses…

3. Jerry says:

Beatiful! Was HDR used in processing this photo?

yes, this is five brackets hdr

• Jerry says:

So I guess getting a results even close to yours would be close to impossible with 3 brackets?

Three brackets can produce very similar results. I use to shoot with D90, and it did pretty good. It just if you have really wide spread of light then three brackets might not get it all. Plus this is 36mp, so it has much better ability to show finer details.

• Jerry says:

Thank you Dmitrii. I’ll give it a shot and see what happens. If it will produce a better photo than a single shot I’ll be happy for now.

4. Jennifer says:

Like how you processed this. Just right! Beautiful color and detail.

5. Amy says:

Awesome shot! Love the colors and details.

6. Dusty Roads says:

Oh yes I have been there many times. You can definitely get in the water there in the summer. Nice shot

7. PSsquared says:

I agree with Zach, the winter is the time to see it. Summers are crazy. A friend of mine started sliding accidentally, once, and had to be pulled out by some nice strangers.

8. faures says:

Amazing. Always look forward to your posts.

9. Just drove by SLSP yesterday! Your picture is gorgeous. What a great balance. The clouds frame it all. Marvelous!

10. Ed says:

Sweet shot, I’ve been there and the term slide rock is for if you don’t pay attention to your footing while hiking…well… 🙂

Very beautiful.Amazing shot.

12. Wonderful image, Dmitrii.

13. amoyer2013 says:

All I can say is,”WOW!”

14. kelihasablog says:

I just love how you do that! Your pictures are always so interesting and beautiful! Great work! Gosh, you are so talented. Do you use any colored lenses or layers to add the color depth? I know… can’t give away trade secrets… LOL 😀

15. John Ferebee says:

Nice job on Slide Rock, I grew up in Sedona and spent many hot summer days sliding down those rocks. Winter is the best time for photos, very few people in the way.