Bixby Bridge

All right, one more this week, had to make it seven in the row. Three from the East coast, one in the middle and three from the West coast. I just processed a few photos I took last year while driving on HW1, all of the Bixby Bridge, from different angles and I’ll share them over time, not at once… that would be too quick… it took me one year to get to them to process after all, can’t just put it out in one post.

This is probably one of the most common views of the bridge and the reason to it is because parking lot is right above me. There is a little hike that takes you a bit down to see the bridge from this angle and pretty much everyone who stops at the bridge comes down this way and take their photos. You can also cross the street to the left, walk up a little dirt road and take photos of the bridge with the ocean in the background. I went there but didn’t see anyone else following me, and that photo is probably going to be next in my little Bixby Bridge photo series.

Big Sur is a beautiful place and I wish I had better access to it to take more shots like this during different times of the year and weather, not easy task while living on the East coast.

Click me! See me large or buy a print!

Purchase Limited Edition print of this photo

This entry was posted in Big Sur, California and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Bixby Bridge

1. theINFP says:

Another one for you,18th century first iron bridge in the world http://www.ironbridge.org.uk/ 😉

Beautiful,high and it seems me very dangerous making photo’s while driving a car.

3. Such a beautiful shot!

4. Chas Spain says:

what a wonderful coastline and the bridge somehow sits well against it -perhaps because of its simple arch and structure.

5. Agree, Big Sur is lovely and i have the same shot. Can’t wait to see your other pics of the bridge from other angles.

6. Amy says:

Big Sur is incredibly beautiful! Breathtaking shot!

7. Moni says:

oh my! I was just there a couple of weeks ago taking photos too. Great shots!!

8. kelihasablog says:

What a stunning picture! This is just beautiful…. 😀

9. Great photo! I was just driving across this bridge last weekend!

10. Pingback: Bixby Bridge #2 | Travel Photography by Dmitrii Lezine