Istanbul Cisterns

This is one of the must see little attractions if you ever visit Istanbul. It is not small as you can see but you are probably not going to spend a lot of time inside there, 15-20 minutes and you will more likely be done with it and go back out into sunny and hot outdoors. This place is cool, in every sense of the word.

Purchase Limited Edition print of this photo

This entry was posted in Istanbul, Turkey and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Istanbul Cisterns

1. NikkiAnne says:

Awesome is a word that is overused. But in this case, it is totally appropriate!

2. phenomenal location – well captured

3. doubleblue02 says:

Great shot – would love to have a look around there myself. Certainly looks ‘cool’, but the fiery reds suggests it’s hot!

4. Another place for the ‘list to see’……another great image for your collection, thanks for sharing it with us

5. phenomenal picture — everything is perfect: subject matter, composition and editing

6. Geedebee says:

I’ve been there a couple of years ago. Beautiful capture!

7. Gracie says:

Excellent capture. The color is just brilliant.

I also was there

very special.Good photo

9. Jackie says:

Amazing capture! It’s clear why it’s a must see attraction! 😀

10. Jim says:

Looking at this I expect to see a couple Jedi Knights and a Sith Lord to be battling with their light sabers.

11. roweeee says:

Awesome photo. Thanks for visiting my blog.

12. Pam says:

Wow – this is breathtaking! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

13. Nice atmosphere! Cool reflections!

14. Nice reflections! great mood!

15. fernigan says:

This is incredible!
    I love the colours, it looks so intimidating but in a fascinating way!
    I love it 🙂

16. I love the softness of the light.

17. bggplanet says:

So…now you need to add Georgia to your travel list. Your photographs are stunning.

18. gtyyup says:

Simply beautiful and nicely captured!!! Thanks for the visits to my blog~

19. Iamrcc says:

Just a wonderful photo. Thanks for stopping by and the like of my post “Bird in Flight”.

20. beluga53 says:

This is beautiful. Thanks for taking me here.

21. beluga53 says:

The photos in your Photo Gallery are spectcular too.

22. Thanks for visiting my blog. My hubby and I visited the cistern last year. It is amazing, most definitely a must see. Fabulous photo, I am afraid my tripod-less efforts were pretty awful.

23. jzenia says:

amazingly beautiful..

24. Wow, is this really a cistern where water was stored, or does the word have a different meaning? I noticed the arched brick ceiling, which is common in Mexico (probably in many other parts of the world too) Here they are called bóvedas. Thanks for visiting and liking my blog..

25. Great place – there are actually other cisterns in Istanbul that you can visit but this one is the most impressive. Did you see the Medusa head? My take on Istanbul’s Galata Bridge here: http://wp.me/p1m2kU-sw.

26. maristravels says:

Having viewed this one of Istabbul’s cisterns, I wonder what you’d make of the Mezquita in Cordoba, Spain. Do put it on your list. Codoba can be reached easily by train from Seville in about an hour and you can spend two days there just photographing.