Boston

It lasted probably only about two-three minutes. It how it usually happens, just a few moments and then it was gone. One thing photos are usually not showing is the brutal cold or heat during the time it was taken. Of course if you see palm trees and folks in shorts and half naked you can assume that it is warm, if you see snow and folks in some parkas you would assume that it is cold. With photos like this you really have no idea when it was taken. You can’t really tell that it was taken last weekend and it was brutally cold with wind blowing so hard I had to find some protection for my camera to keep it stable and not shaken as I took a few photos. By the time I got back to hotel my legs were red from a bit of a frost bite, jeans didn’t keep it too warm, and good old hot shower was very welcome. Looking at it now I’m happy I was there to witness this sunset, no matter how short it was and how cold it was, it was breathtaking few moments. Nothing can beat that, even this photo.

BostonSunsetEastSide1-small

Purchase Limited Edition print of this photo

This entry was posted in Boston, Massachusetts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Boston

1. atlanticcus says:

I totally love this picture ! Wow and I love this kind of photographic adventures too.. 🙂

2. It certainly is breathtaking!

3. Fabulous photo but you really must get your thermals out – or at least wear 2 pairs of jeans when it is so cold – then no frostbite! Thanks for stopping by my blog – I’m not a photography blog but I do like to add some when I can so people can see the atmosphere…

4. arjun bagga says:

This is phenomenal!

5. Sheila says:

Beautiful! Looks like something from a fantasy film! And you’re right…certainly can’t guess it was cold from the image! ~ Sheila

6. PSsquared says:

This is a stunning photo. Totally worth potential frostbite. 😉

7. love your picture…check out my Boston night pictures….I took these a couple of weeks ago…

8. Aisha Karen Khan says:

Beautiful! I LOVE Boston! It is always fun to go there even in the winter….

9. Amazing shot and I totally know what you mean about the cold temps and weather conditions. But so worth it!!

10. Dmitrii says:

thanks all as always!! appreciate you stopping by and leaving comments.

11. kelihasablog says:

Stunning…. Love the sky… and you’re right, I never have my camera with me when I need it and by the time I get to it.. the shot is gone.. : (

12. Great shot and that sky is brilliant

13. Pingback: Sample Post by Me

14. David says:

Beautiful skyline shot. Those sunset (and sunrise) colors don’t last long enough.