Cloudy Day

My wife drives by this lake every day to work and sees some awesome sunrises and sunsets. She always tells me about it, how great they are. A few weeks ago, on one of the weekends she suggested we drive up there in the morning and see if we get some interesting light. It was all foggy in the city so we thought that maybe we get some fog over the lake as well. By the time we arrived most of the fog went away, with some clouds lingering over the trees. Was not one of those days. We will try again.

But, I took a few shots. We were there. Why not.

This entry was posted in North Carolina, Winston-Salem and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Cloudy Day

1. Just proves that it does not have to be a sunny day, or an amazing sky to take a brill pic

2. faures says:

This is beautiful. Has a really nice eerie feel,

3. This is beautiful – a very serene image. I’m glad you weren’t tempted to remove that pole (or whatever it is!) as it adds a touch of coulour and focal point.

No sunset but beautiful photo.A little mysterious!

5. tripodtrippin says:

Such a beautiful, tranquil scene! Love it!

6. Nice.
    It occurs to me that you might consider replacing the marker with an arm holding a sword – coming out of the lake Arthurian style….

7. Jackie says:

Beautiful capture! I love the mood!

8. Anita Mac says:

Beautiful shot…love the reflection in the water. So calm and serene.

9. Dieu says:

Heavenly photo. Well done.

10. Lori D says:

This turned out to be a fantastic photo. It looks clear and hazy all at the same time. Well done.

11. I love the way the mist changes everything. If you came back here on a sunny day it might be just another picture of a lake.

12. Great use of the conditions and setting! It might not be what you were wanting, but sometimes the best shots come when you lest expect it.

13. soonie2 says:

What a beautiful lake. It’s like glass!

14. I think of these kinds of shots as “lemonade.” It’s not what you set out to get, it’s what you come home with. I think this is a very nice image… tranquil and soft, peaceful. Nice job!

15. bluebrightly says:

Fog or not, still beautiful.

16. themofman says:

By all means try again but I think you had everything you needed to make this top notch shot. Breathtaking.

17. Richard William Posner says:

A really beautiful scene.
    Thanks for visiting Chimaera Imaginarium, I appreciate it sincerely.