Friday Mystery Photo

Even though there were no clouds on the horizon, it was actually snowing on and off as I was walking along this canyon. Water carved its own path in this red rock with some whirl pools and flat and shallow pools. It was fairly crowded when we got there but as it started to snow most people left the area and I was able to take a few photos without anyone obstructing the beauty of this place. Where was this photo taken?

Purchase Limited Edition print of this photo

This entry was posted in Arizona, Around the World, Sedona and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Friday Mystery Photo

Superb photo .What a lot of different colors in this landscape.

2. Gosh, my guess is the Rockies… but not sure I can pinpoint where, exactly.

3. Lori D says:

I don’t know where it is, but it is a dazzling photo! I can’t take my eyes away. It looks like it could’ve been slippery where you stood to take the picture too. Great job.

4. Barbara says:

Sedona Arizona, Red rock country. Oak Creek Village, Canyon. What a great photo, and I have seen many photos of this canyon.

5. Simply gorgeous! Thanks for visiting my blog and giving me a chance to see your work!

6. I was going to guess Colorado somewhere. Beautiful picture.

7. Verónica says:

Dmitrii – love the photo and how you captured the flow of the water. You were one of the first people to ever “like” one of my posts. For that I thank you. I’ve followed your amazing photos since. I am pleased to share a blog award with you. Even if you’re not into awards, know that it is offered with sincere thanks. Here are the details: http://agujasblog.com/2013/01/26/illuminating-blogger-award/.

8. Amazing place!
    Very beautiful picture!

9. Dmitrii says:

Thanks all for stopping by! This place is between Flagstaff and Sedona, in Arizona. Beautiful natural formations there, this is one of them.

10. cpalmer5 says:

what a shot! Love the colors, just by looking at it, it feels cold outside. Great composition as well.

11. Its always a thrill to find those little hidden gems, and being able to share the grandeur of this world I think is something special.

12. Candace says:

I, too, recognized it right away, being from Phoenix. Beautiful place!

13. Pingback: Slide Rock State Park | Travel Photography by Dmitrii Lezine