Hiking, the Easy Way

Every hiking trail is different and depends on the amount of people visit them and who controls them, they can come in all shapes and forms. Some are fully paved and very wide, almost like sidewalks in the city, some are partially paved and maybe have some crashed rock for the surface, and of course most of them are pretty much natural flow of the landscape with sticking out rocks, crevices and polished by thousands of boots wiry roots, there for you to pay attention as you trek the trail. I’m usually not the big fan of the fully paved trails, sometimes I find it actually a bit harder to walk on them than the normal dirt ones. At the same time I do appreciate when they build little bridges across the creeks and stone staircases in what otherwise would be very steep climb or descent. Another benefit of the little bridges is that most of the time they provide nice photo opportunities, but of course this is only if you are looking for such opportunities. I usually do.

Purchase Limited Edition print of this photo

This entry was posted in Asheville, Biltmore House, North Carolina and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Hiking, the Easy Way

1. starzyia says:

I agree with you, and I like it in certain areas which are being rehabilitated or protected that they have some walkways like in your photo to stop people trampling all over it, we have some locally to protect land around the lake and fresh water reed pools that are being degraded.

2. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    Looks lovely, I really like the way they have done the railings with the old logs, very well built. Nice photo.

3. StillWalks says:

Yep. Think I’d agree with you on this. For StillWalks I find things like bridges, gates, stiles etc. very useful as a kind of milestone (visual and aural) that helps to provide a sense of progression through the video. Nice photo!

Love it.
    Beautiful landscape and it makes hiking a lot easier

5. That would make a great walk. Makes a fantastic photo.

6. kelihasablog says:

That really is beautiful. I can see how it would be a peaceful and meditative walk to clear your mind and enjoy nature.

7. joserasan66 says:

Un Precioso Paisaje… La Fotografia Nos traslada A Ese Lugar…

8. pommepal says:

That looks a very restful and cool place to walk

9. phillipfrost says:

Great capture! Makes me wish I could be there now!