Manhattan

I’d like to take the same photo sometime during the summer. Not sure when I’ll be able to make my way to NYC in summer, with longer days and when sun setting behind those sky scrapers, at least I assume it is setting behind Manhattan. In February, when I took this photo, the sun was going down to the left of this view and didn’t make a cool sunset from this angle.

This entry was posted in NY, NYC and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Manhattan

1. Jeremy says:

Beautiful! I recommend you check out the Sun Seeker app, which allows you to look at the exact position of the sun for any date, any place, any time. Great for scouting locations 🙂 (no i’m not affiliated w/ it, I just use it a lot)

2. Would be interesting to have a summer/winter comparison shots….but on its own its just fine.

3. sunrisedata1 says:

You have a fantastic eye…beautiful Dmitrii 🙂

4. zelmare says:

A stunning photograph!

5. Marylynne says:

Great moodiness and sky drama even without your setting sun. Love the foreground too.

6. Fantastic vantage point Dmitrii. Gorgeous image.

7. flowerpoet says:

This is the most interesting photo I’ve ever seen of Manhattan. Thank you for sharing it.

8. I was in Manhattan in late July, and we took the bridge over to Brooklyn to get a shot like this. Unfortunately, their summers are so humid and muggy that the photos came out more hazy than anything. This is a great shot!

9. Pat Bean says:

I absolutely love this photo, and think if it were a sunset shot it would be less spectacular and more common.

10. What a beautiful composition! The pilings are like a second city.

11. Una preciosidad de fotografía!!, me encanta!

12. joquint says:

I love coming back to your blog. Always such fantastic images with great colours and fantastic background – and sometimes quirky – information.

13. thierryjan says:

Superbe photo ! Great !

14. Mike says:

She’s a beauty! Gotta get to this spot.

15. jcgator1 says:

Absolutely beautiful! I actually don’t like new york city (sorry). But this picture just blows my mind away. Very well done.

16. Wonderful image and perspective!

17. aqueoussun says:

Excellent work. Great composition with the sweeping curve of the posts….

18. Incredibly delicious!!! NY< NY!

19. Reblogged this on patriciaddrury and commented:
    Dmitri’s photo of NY skyline is powerful!!!

20. Shane0515 says:

Love the photo. I’m assuming this was from Brooklyn? Was this near the bridge? I’d love to get some photos of my own from here. Thanks!