Sunrise in Seattle

Blogging While on Vacation

The prior two weeks I was on vacation visiting my parents in Kazakhstan. Prior to the trip I was planning to continue publishing photos on the normal schedule, but while traveling, especially on vacation, that is very hard to do. Too many other things going on and posting photos is really goes far away from priorities. Now, back in good, comfortable USA, I’ll try to get into the routine…hehe, maybe.

Space Needle

This place does not need special introductions. I took this photo in late January, right before the sunrise.

SeattlePreDawn-small

This entry was posted in Seattle, Washington and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Sunrise in Seattle

1. tripodtrippin says:

Just beautiful!

2. That is a great shot……..but January! we haven’t had a summer yet and may be not going to get one this year, so some warmer reminders please.

3. Anarya Andir says:

I’m not much of a city person, but I have to admit that this photo is breathtaking!

4. nonoymanga says:

Terrific night photography!!! Cheers Nonoy Manga

5. Good Morning! Such a terrific photo to start the day! I’ve recently started a Travel Blog list of my site: http://www.theopensuitcase.com and would like to add you to it. Would you consider doing the same for me? Greatly appreciate it!

6. John says:

Really nice, the new day dawns with all it’s promise.

7. Haven’t seen this in a long time. Thanks for refreshing the memory. Jay

8. Welcome back. I hope you had a good vacation. Love this image. Perfect nightscape.

9. Same here… I took 2 weeks off and just resumed my daily posts 2 days ago… feels like a burden now!!
    It was nice to get a break from the routine… hope you enjoyed your time off 🙂

10. lily says:

I feel as though I am looking out a window! Beautiful cityscape image. ~ Lily

11. Awesome color in the lights and love the dramatic night sky. Nice glimpse of the mountain in the background.

12. Dmitrii says:

thanks all. I’m finally back home after four weeks absence… week at work, two weeks vacation, and this week work… made it home…hehe, long July it was

13. This is really spectacular Dmitrii!

14. Love the futuristic ‘apocalyptic’ look to this shot.

15. Ravi Kaushik says:

the electric lights and the electric blue sky make for a stunning combination!

16. aidaweb101 says:

Wow, gorgeous photo!

17. wanderingseniors says:

Privyet! Beautiful photo, as always. I was surprised to see your folks live in KZ. My son was a Peace Corps volunteer there in 2002-2004. He started out in Almaty for a few months to learn Russian and then was in Kyzylorda for the rest of his service. He enjoyed the experience, but not the weather!

yep, Almaty is where I grew up… the weather is very continental there, temperature swings can go 15-20C from day to night, but it is very dry, so heat is not as bad as in humid conditions

18. Amazing photo!! I love the unique view of the city and the beautiful colors!

19. crazyloststar says:

Beautiful shot!

20. sued51 says:

Incredible photo!

21. bucketdave says:

This is a fantastic shot. The Space Needle always reminds me of a UFO.

22. Michelle says:

HI Your photos are really beautiful – i really love seattle so i zoomed into seattle pictures and they are gorgeous. I will take time to go thru all your posts!