Friday mystery photo

Hot, Hot, Hot

It is so hot on the East coast at the moment, today got up to 100F with some serious humidity. Being outdoors is very unpleasant. I was planning to do some shooting one of the nights this week, but decided against it.

Counter Attack

To counter attack this weather we have a wind of cold fresh air coming at you from the screen. I bet some day weโ€™ll have technology that will allow to simulate the feel of the environment that we see on the screens of future devices. For now you can just imagine it.

I stayed overnight at this place, in a little tiny room on the first level, with my windows covered by the snow. It was kind of cool, especially during the day, because the snow had this light bluish color to it, illuminated from the faraway sun. So anyway what is that mountain on the horizon?

Order a Limited Addition print of this photo

This entry was posted in Mt Hood, Oregon and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Friday mystery photo

1. Mondrak says:

Oh it looks like Santa’s Grotto

2. Great and love the sentiment behind posting the shot…….I could do with a shot of the desert to counter act all the torrential rains we have been ‘enjoying’!

3. That should help cool everyone off. Don’t forget, when it’s winter, to post a hot summer photo to warm us up.

4. Madoqua says:

Well, it’s winter where I live (shortest day yesterday :-)), but lucky for me it does not get this cold in our city! I have no idea where this photo is, but will second the vote for Santa’s Grotto!

5. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    A gorgeous photo, and what a contrast with those wonderful colours in the sky. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. kasmango says:

gorgeous photo! living on the east coast as well, this was a much needed breath of cold air… don’t know where it is though…

7. I’ll be the third to use the word gorgeous in describing this landscape.

Steve Schwartzman

8. Annette says:

thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your photographs, stunning work

9. NikkiAnne says:

This is a gorgeous shot of the less-photographed side of Timberline Lodge on Mt.Hood. But I have such a lousy sense of direction
    that I can’t tell you for sure whether the mountain you asked about is Mt. Jefferson in Oregon or Mt. Ranier in Washington. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Lori DiNardi says:

Welcome to my world for six months of every year in Florida. If I could move away from this heat, I would. It’ll likely cool down for you sooner than later. Lovely, lovely photo.

11. disperser says:

Beautiful shot . . . that failed to cool my house. If anything, the screen added to the heat load.

12. Could be somewhere in Iceland? Beautiful shot!

13. Mt. Hood. Timberline Lodge.

14. paul says:

Great shot! Amazing…

15. Beautiful and I have to guess Mt. Hood as well. Fantastic colors and I feel cooler already.

16. rozsmallfry says:

Yes, it’s looks like the Timberline Lodge at Mt Hood to me, too! I must get back to that place!

17. Such a sexy orange ๐Ÿ™‚ I have no clue where it is so I won’t even guess… great image Dimitri.

18. Ravi Kaushik says:

what lovely colors!

19. I guess it’s not fair for me to answer since I live in the Pacific Northwest and have been to this gorgeous place (Timberline Lodge) many times. It’s one of my favorite places. But, to answer your question, the mountain on the horizon is Mount Jefferson, Oregon. Nice shot!

20. Timberline Lodge! I used to work in the Rams Head Pub that is right through those windows. And yes, Mt. Jefferson in the background. Beautiful!

21. Cristi M. says:

Reblogged this on Simple.Interesting. and commented:
    Spectacular photo !!

22. Truels says:

Hot – and cold – and: Very beautiful!

23. Dmitrii says:

thanks all for stopping by! yes, it is Timberline Lodge in the middle of February. Highly recommend to visit.

24. Not in Australia! Great pic though. I get cloud like that but usually over water

25. No clue which mountain it is. But the photo reminds me of a Thomas Kinkade painting.

26. GrayFoxDown says:

While currently in the process of being sauteed in Brooklyn, that sort of imagery looks wonderful to me. Of course, come January/ February, it won’t look as wonderful.

27. itssrijana says:

wow it a beautiful beautiful shot

28. Bellisima foto!! una postal!

29. Madhu says:

Adding another ‘gorgeous’ to the hoard ๐Ÿ™‚

30. The phot is amazing!!! Thanks much for this post!
    Best regards, Arlen

31. Gorgeous shot! It looks magical.

32. Amanda Mac says:

I was going to say Japan, up north.. but obviously totally wrong. Like you, I sometimes post photos of snow to feel cool in summer. This one, in particular, caught my attention.