Spider Tree

Busy week, busy weekend. How about you?

Have you been the Jekyll Island? Specifically to its North East corner? If you ever make to this part of the East Coast and this part of Georgia, make sure to go see its North East corner. It is like in prehistoric times or from some movie about aliens or total apocalypses, with huge tree skeletons all over the beach, throwing shadows on the sand and coming on waves.

JakalIslandSunset-small

This entry was posted in Georgia, Jekyll Island and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Spider Tree

1. Mondrak says:

WOW! That is beyond stunning.

2. Great shot you have there! =)

3. Very nice! is that snow as well? Really enjoy your photos

4. Looking again I presume its sand. beautiful pic

5. Namita Lad says:

this is quite interesting pic

6. Yes, Jakyll Island and the surround area is beautiful.

Perfect pic!!

Thanks.

7. At first I thought that sand was snow.

8. sohojay says:

Great picture.

9. orples says:

The sun looks quite playful in your photograph. Wonderful capture. 🙂

10. thefotobird says:

Such a cool photo and post title. Love looking at your shots.

11. LeBlogDuSpectateurSentimentale says:

nature, beautiful nature – eye, beautiful eye.

12. sued51 says:

Fabulous photo! Love the shadow…

13. That’s just beautiful! I heard that cucumber island its just as beautiful. have you been there? ❤

14. Stunning image! Perfect for The Creature from Jekyll Island, the account of how the Federal Reserve was created on this island in 1913.

15. angels2send says:

gorgeous photography. i haven´t thought about jekyll island for years! i think i could spend weeks on your page and not see it all! bravo!

16. Amazing image, I feel as I am a standing right there….and wish I was.

17. granny1947 says:

Thank you for the visit.
    What a wonderful photo.
    Shows me just how much I have to learn.

18. Hey Dmitrii … I’ve always admired your images … so much so that I read all of your stuff on HDR. I want you to know that you made it sound straight forward enough so that even I could handle it. So I purchased Photomatix at your suggestion. I noticed that you ‘LIKED’ my very FIRST attempt with the software at my blog (www.pairodox.wordpress.com) … the image of the marbles. I was so pleased to see that you … the real expert … liked the image. Or, perhaps it was the prose that you liked and didn’t recognize the image as HDR. In any case … thanks for providing the motivation to get me started with this very interesting technique. My question for you is, how does one know when to use HDR and when is enough … enough? Thanks very much … once again … Dave S.

Hi Dave, I remember your marbles, nice work. As your question goes, hmm, I think you just have to look at it once, twice, sometime maybe take a break and look at it again and ask yourself if you feel it is overcooked or not. It is very easy overdue it with software, that is why I mentioned in my HDR101 that using presets might be a bad idea. You have to control slides, it takes a bit longer but you will be in control. The more you do it the better you will be, just like with everything else. Good luck!

19. Haha 🙂 Well spotted! Fabulous shot.

20. engaging and obliging sun – great

21. I love the shadows cast by the ‘skeleton’. Beautiful image!

22. Madhu says:

Absolutely stunning!

23. Daniela says:

A very stunning shot.

24. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    What a very unusual old tree trunk and I totally agree with you it does look a bit like a spider. A great photo, the truck looks sort of eerie there all alone on the beach, just amazing.

25. Humbled Pie says:

Because I enjoy your blog so much, I have nominated you for the Blog on Fire Award. You can read about it on my blog. http://humbledpie.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/musings-from-the-darkroom-blog-recognition/

26. jmpix says:

really interesting photograph….great capture

27. Great photo, with a lot of atmosphere. Lovely scenery too.

28. A beautiful photo… Jay

29. wildlife4me says:

that is different and pretty.

30. pixilated2 says:

Gorgeous! Thanks for visiting me today, Dmitrii! ~ Lynda

31. Raul says:

Good eye and good technical skill!

32. Truels says:

The backlight and the shadows from this is amazing! Great shot 🙂

33. Prevaricat says:

Hi Dmitrii… thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Your photos are fantastic, especially the one above. Couldn’t figure if the foreground was snow but, reading through the comments, I see it’s actually sand. Lovely, moody shot anyway 🙂