Biltmore House

Last weekend we went to Asheville for a quick overnight trip, I wanted to take some sunset shots of the Biltmore House. The skies had last minute insurgence with some clouds and we had just a bit of the sun. This photo was taken when sun completely escaped from us behind the clouds, with just a bit of color left to the right.

btw, this photo was taken with very high resolution camera and really better seen in high resolution, with all kind of details, which can be done just by clicking on it.

Click me! I look even better in High Resolution.

This entry was posted in Asheville, Biltmore House, North Carolina and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Biltmore House

1. Zhongmin Li says:

What a clear picture! Well done.

2. mondrak says:

Stunning shot!

3. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    Wow, that is a fantastic photo, and what a stunning place, the architecture of the building is magnificent and the grounds are just unreal, and a perfect view to set it all off, just amazing.

4. gsqared says:

Beautiful photo.

5. 2flyamerica says:

Great shot, this area of NC is one our favorite places in the world!

6. Truly beautiful shot! You have captured the essence of this location quite perfectly–great job scouting your perfect vantage point!

7. quinngoldie says:

This is absolutely stunning!

8. Abe Pacana says:

very nicely done. we were here in the spring of 2010. pretty amazing piece of architecture. went also to climb chimney rock.

9. Great balance in this shot…
    I love your blog’s colours and layout; also it loads quickly… well done.. 😉

10. BermudaOnion says:

I love Biltmore! What a gorgeous photo!

11. Just a gorgeous shot. Exceptional colour and detail. This is just another one of the reasons that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. http://davidccassidy.com/2012/05/18/i-got-a-rock/

Great work, my friend! 🙂

12. rickfurmanek says:

Great mood here. The highlights in the green, the detail and the lighting on the house really make this for me. Well done!

13. John says:

Simply fabulous photo!

14. chrisb-jwordsandimages says:

Wonderful photo, love the building and the sky too.

15. SriLankanin日本 says:

woahhh! such a beautiful photo! What kind of camera do you use? 🙂

16. Almost doesn’t look real. Everything is so perfect.

17. Great perspective of a masterpiece

18. Spectacular! One of my very favorite places in the U.S.

19. darkjade68 says:

Amazing

DarkJade-

20. kleeyaro says:

Lovely photo. Amazing what you can capture with the right equipment and the perfect conditions.

21. That is an amazing shot of Biltmore Estate. You captured it at the exact right time of day. I’ve been there and the fact that you were also able to catch it without 200 people there is amazing in itself. 🙂

22. artchismo says:

Beautiful. It was a great time of day for that shot! Love the sky. 🙂

23. Terra says:

It’s a beautiful place inside and out! I went to the Biltmore House and toured the area a few years ago. The inside is captivating just as well. Great shot you’ve taken. 🙂

24. samacwns says:

Makes me want to visit!

25. foreigntraveller says:

Great vantage point,.I reckon this place would look beautiful under any weather!

26. Please let me know when you’re coming to Asheville again. I’d love to meet you in person! Your photography is so stunning. I just shared the link to this photo on my Facebook status. Thanks again for more glorious evidence of your creative genius. Ellie http://www.themuseisworking.com

27. Wow! What a great picture and beautiful photo. Jay

28. kerioke says:

Wow! and on the new Nikon D800 too!!! did you get an upgrade?

29. Did you take that with the Nikon D800, stunning detail in the picture I Just put in an order for the D800E but I’m going to have to wait for up to 5 months for it to arrive……argh

yep, i did, I’m going to make a mention of it in my next post. good luck with getting E version. I hear it will take a while, just like you said.

30. overwhelming beauty … magnificent

31. Dmitrii says:

thanks all! appreciate you stopping and leaving comments. it means a lot.

32. Truels says:

What a great and beautiful house and surroundings, a nice place to photograph – and you made a super shot this evening!

33. R C Norman says:

Stunning! Looks like a painting

34. Fantastic shot – love the moodiness of the sky!

35. Wow! Love this shot. The Biltmore is on my bucket list of places to shoot.