Sailing Puget Sound

I believe I took this photo off the ferry going to either Alki Beach or to the Bainbridge Island, can’t recall which one. I think based on our positioning it was probably from the Alki Beach ferry. It is not really a ferry, it is more like a water taxi, you can’t bring your car on it, and only takes about 5-10 minutes to cross it, depending on how fast they decide to go. Sailing boats are always cool looking, at least to me, especially with some nice background, like a sunset or skyscrapers of a large city.

This entry was posted in Seattle, Washington and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Sailing Puget Sound

1. marviiilous says:

another GREAT shot! i love it 🙂

2. Great contrast in composition.

3. I hope to doing that some day.

sailing? I’ve done it couple time as a passenger, pretty cool, as long as weather nice, not sure if I’d want to be there during high winds though

• High winds are the best time to sail. Speed and more speed. We do some sailing and hope to do some coastal stuff some day out of vancouver

you are right about it, it will have the speed, I just never done it in those conditions, so might be a bit nervous on the first time.

• Then the rush hits and you will just love it. You are cconcentrating so much on working the boat that it just becomes part of the experience. Ultra fun.

4. Mr.memo says:

reminds me of a post card sent to me from an overseas friend 😀

5. Beautiful composition and the color lends a mystical quality to the image.

6. abraalani says:

this is lovely, what lens did you use?

7. I love the way the sailboat if perfectly placed before the buildings.
    A vision of total opposite. The busy cityscape with the tranquil vessel.
    Very nice ….

8. Truels says:

Nice contrast in this great shot 🙂

9. Angie G. says:

Lovely 🙂

10. Let’s sail around the world! Great one!

11. Picture Perfect.:-)
    Thanks.

12. exquisite to say the least !!

13. paul says:

Very nice photograph. Proves I should use my smaller lens a lot more than I do.