Sleepless in San Francisco

Actually quite contrary, I wanted to get more sleep, but how often do I have a chance to visit San Francisco and go see sunrise at the Fisherman’s Warf? This was the first photo I took that day. Didn’t plan to take it at all, but as we were walking towards the Pier 39 I saw this trolley coming towards us, it took me couple seconds to put camera down on the ground, level it, frame it and push the trigger. No time for a second shot. The driver gave me a high five (over the air, Smile) as he was passing us. It was a good start for a good day in a cool city.

This entry was posted in California, San Francisco and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Sleepless in San Francisco

1. Another great shot….you have created some great images and this is one of your best

2. nonoymanga says:

Well composed low light photography. Thanks for sharing Nonoy Manga

3. Nice one. My first shots are always crap. Usually my best shot is just as I’m leaving. They have to find you rather than you look for them, don’t you think?

yes, most of the time they find you, of course you have to be out there for that to happen

• Absolutely. You’ve got to put the work in, even when you’re tired and frustrated and can’t find anything. And then pop! the universe opens up and hands you something on a plate. That’s the magic. And like anything, the harder you work at it the more magic is made available to you. Wonderful!

4. really beautiful. nice fast work there

5. Nice shot Dmitrii, excellent timing!!

SF also happens to be my favorite city.

Vic

6. You probably made that driver’s day!

7. Great shot Dmitrii, particularly given the time you had to catch it.

8. jazzersten says:

Very interesting composition.

9. Superb shot! Like it a lot.

10. magsx2 says:

HI,
    A great photo, and I like how the driver gave you a high five, no doubt with a smile as well. 🙂

11. This is fabulous – the sky is breathtaking.

12. I like this photo, nothing like lucky timing!

13. Love this shot! It’s rare to get this setting during the day and have no Fog is San Francisco.

14. Truels says:

This is a fabulous shot, the light is amazing!

15. sunrise and no people. great shot.

16. Kyla says:

Absolutely love this photo!

17. ldsiebs says:

Absolutely fabulous! What a great shot! Thank you for sharing.

18. vydnic says:

Love the colours in this photo and the point from which you have taken it.

19. meenopolis says:

This is such a great shot !

20. Great shot there, love all the different tones and colours, your eyes just roam all over the image, love it well done.

21. I love this shot! Great colors.

22. quinngoldie says:

This is a beautiful photo! And you use a D90! Excellent!

23. The tired traveller says:

that’s one gorgeous shot, love all the colors! belongs hanging on a wall.

24. Shutterbug Sage says:

There is no more beautiful city in the US than San Francisco. Good for you for enjoying every second of it! Good for us you had a camera in hand! 🙂

25. Rebecca Booth says:

What an amazing shot! Worth getting up early for!

26. andBerlin says:

It just goes to show that it’s worth giving it a go even if you don’t think you have enough time – great shot!

27. Amazing capture. Well done!