Copper Roof

Following my last two Fridays undisclosed locations I’m going to try and follow this little tradition, as long as I can, and every Friday post some photos that are not obvious but more likely will be recognized by some.

I was walking around ‘this’ city ‘specific’ area and saw this building poking out between other buildings and kind of thought that it looks cool and different than everything else around. So I took a few shots.

This entry was posted in NY, NYC and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Copper Roof

1. You always get your colours to look so vibrant. Well done.

2. Ciao, it’s a great shot, but…to be picky, l don’t care for the colors…why…cos it looks hand painted and somehow false! Lynne

3. A kind of a surreal, but great photo!

grz,

Mark

4. Great image, great building….I guess this is an ideal HDR subject, certainly defines the shapes and shadows.

5. ashkitty says:

like the sketchy effect of the picture

6. i like how you created a foreground, middle-ground, and background by adding the streetlamp.

7. ellyhuizinga says:

Very nice. Where is this building??

8. kasmango says:

my first thought was that this is in New York City, but where in the city I have no idea…. beautiful, I actually like the colors, makes it kind of whimsical..

9. selah says:

love the copper roof, the streetlight, and the brick siding.. what a fine old building.

10. orples says:

Can you imagine what it would cost to build that masterpiece today? I doubt you could find enough skilled labor to cut all of that stone if money weren’t an issue. What a beautiful example of architecture! 🙂

11. Virginia says:

Great picture! Love the colors!!!

12. Dmitrii says:

I took it just a bit south of Times Square, but was not sure where exactly. So I had to find exact place on the map to answer my own question. It is on the corner of 42nd and Broadway. Interesting part is that roof top section with those appartments is only present on one corner of this building, the one that we see and the one that catched my attention. The other corners are just normal.

13. Nice shot and reall nice hdr PP. Well done.
    louis

14. jazzersten says:

Beautiful architectural shot!

15. Inge says:

Amazing building! What a great design!

16. Alaska Girl at Heart says:

The colors are great. I notice the street lights look like they are on. What time of day did you take this photo?

17. nice perspective! Architecturally, it looks a little like the Plaza Hotel 🙂

18. liz2you says:

Amazing colourings, and I love the perspective as well.
    Liz

19. Gorgeous colours. Love this shot.

20. zannyro says:

This just absolutely POPS!! Wonderful 🙂

21. simon7banks says:

Probably not in the UK, where our metal thieves would have that copper roof off in no time.

22. Great colors! Nice shot!

23. Gorgeous! I wish I had gotten a good photo of the copper roof on the Buddhist temple near us when it was new, though I’m not sure I could have captured it properly, since it was nearly blinding in good light. But when aged and oxidized like this one, they’re SO beautiful.

24. Peggy Tee says:

At first glance I was going to say Upper East Side in NYC, but you say Midtown, so Midtown it must be! 🙂 Lovely shot!

25. Lagos says:

I love this! The building is amazing in itself but adding the lamp post and the glass facade in the background is perfect contrast. The lamp post turned on makes this photo. Genius!

26. Filippa says:

Checked out your blog and when I saw this shot I thought: “This looks just like a typical Swedish building!” (from the i dunno say 1850’s). Not sure if im right but it looks similar to old swedish cityhalls. (for example if you google “city hall malmo” @google image its quite similar).

27. soopafishl says:

Amazing photograph! Thank you very much for spending time on my site..All the best