GIDDY UP

Can you hear the music? When I see this photo for some reason I can hear the music that they always play on this type of carousel. Also, somehow it reminds of one of those movies with flash backs into the past. I look at it and expect it to suddenly start moving, with kids seating on it and their mamas watching over, and of course something terrible will happen any second, just wait… it is coming. Winking smile

So does anyone know where I took this photo? There are some clues in it.

This entry was posted in NYC and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to GIDDY UP

1. Sorry, clues to subtle for us!

2. No idea but a great image….nostalga

3. John says:

Marvelous Image. Many Memories!

4. daeja's view says:

There is one like it in the Danbury Mall in Connecticut, after they built the mall on the old fairgrounds many years ago and kept the carousel..so I would have to say it is in a mall somewhere…..

5. fluffyphoton says:

First of all, beautiful shot! Can’t resist the temptation, so I googled “giant carousel inside glass walls” and I found Jane’s Carousel. Pretty smart to be shooting with Brooklyn bridge behind you πŸ™‚ Or I am completely off the mark?

6. Ciao, great pic, l also thought of a shopping mall, pity it’s not used, we have one every winter market in Verona, Italy….kids , music, outdoors in the piazza an all!

7. I saw one similar to this at a sea port on Long Island, but I also suspect it is closer to NYC?

yes, this is right in NYC, on the Brooklyn side of the East river. You can see refelction of the Brooklyn Bridge and a bit of Manhattan bridge.

8. P.S. Wonderful photo! Excellent color and capture of lights in the background! I will second guess, San Fran?

9. avian101 says:

This is a cool shot Dmitrii! πŸ™‚

10. selah says:

its wonderful that this grand old carousel was so beautifully restored.. there are not many of them around anymore, sad, really..

11. zelmare says:

How very beautiful! I won’t guess where it is, but I love this picture!

12. Outstanding processing πŸ™‚

13. orples says:

I still love riding a carousel every change I get. The horses this one is comprised of, are gorgeous.

14. Cee Neuner says:

WOW!! Oh yeah, I can hear the music!

15. AJBopp says:

I LOVE calliope music! Great photo!

16. sanslartigue says:

The building is by Jean Nouvel, the French architect, and the glass walls can be opened in nice weather, I believe

17. mosartpage says:

wow…i’m excited about having a look at this wonderful site! thanks so much for visiting my art page! greetings from n. ireland!
    moyra

18. That’s a wonderful shot of the grand carousel in Dumbo. Especially at night, you got it so right! Congrats on this fine photo!

19. samacwns says:

I love Carousels! This one is beautiful!

20. billgncs says:

carousels are magical… you have captured the magic in this shot.

21. Venom says:

“one of those movies with flash backs into the past”. . . Face/Off maybe? πŸ˜€
    Anyways, nice picture!

22. Madhu says:

Wow! Fab shot! Love the contrast of the ornate carousel against the stark framed glass!

23. Alex says:

Nice! It almost has a creepy feeling to it…or maybe an industrial feeling? It’s awesome either way.

24. Ann Marquez says:

Beautiful! … love carousels. πŸ˜€

25. Ben Leib says:

There’s something almost science fiction like about this merry go round.

26. notanda says:

Look kind of spooky when it’s not being used. Thanks for liking my post.

27. There is something unique about the “dimensions” in your photography work, and the way you angle your camera. Very impressive and enjoyable!