Simple Rainbow

After making through the border control and doing a bit of hiking on the Niagara River I finally arrived at the Niagara Falls. As I was passing it on my way to the parking lot I saw this rainbow illuminated by the low setting sun. After parking I grabbed my camera and started walking to it and taking pictures. I had some with the buses, and cars and people, getting all in the foreground, still I was taking them as I was afraid that it will disappear. Finally I was able to cross the road and get this one. The mist you see is the mist from the Niagara Horse Shoe Falls.

Btw, I took Step Back photo probably about two hours later, it is still one of my personal favorites.

NiagraRainbow1-small

This entry was posted in Canada, Niagara Falls and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Simple Rainbow

1. Amazing … πŸ™‚

2. EllaDee says:

Great capture. I assume the rainbow came from the mist, illumated as you say by the setting sun.

3. EllaDee says:

… illuminated, and striking contrast of the bare trees.

4. fabala24 says:

Beautiful! I love the colors.

5. Glad you took this photo. Now we know where the pot of gold is – right behind that lamppost.

6. norinep says:

Good things happen when you keep your eyes open. Good capture! πŸ™‚

7. what a great capture…

8. This was taken from the Canadian side, right? Just curious πŸ™‚

9. Pingback: RAZOR’S EDGE | dan4kent

10. Snapshooter says:

Love the colors here. Amazing capture!

11. Great image! Reminds me of my own taken at the Falls last weekend and featured on my blog “Eyes to Heart.” I know exactly where you had to be standing to capture this. Well done! . … Be well, Dorothy πŸ™‚

12. Great job with color.

~Anne

13. I feel like I can touch it. I’m making a wish right now.
    I hope it comes through.
    Isadora