Spring’s Snow

This is how it snows in the Spring, with beautiful gentle petals, falling from the sky. This photo could be taken anywhere where saucer magnolia grows, but this specific one was taken near the Tidal Basin in Washington DC just couple days ago. I managed to make my way there one early very cloudy morning in hopes of getting some photos with cherry tree blossoms. There were a few of them getting close, but most cherry trees are not ready yet for the prime action, should be next week. But the magnolias and other flowering bushes are in full force at the moment.

This entry was posted in Washington DC and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Spring’s Snow

1. That is a great shot…..our spring, although advanced this years is still someway behind yours. Blossom and Magnolia have still to show, though the early blossom is just starting to pop.

2. amazing subject, great capture πŸ™‚

3. OH my GOD, it’s really beautiful. Looking forward to see another shots with full cherry blossoms.

4. vydnic says:

I like snow, but I even more like it when spring comes again.
    This spring snow is even better!

5. norinep says:

I took a similar photo a couple of days ago but didn’t use it. I should have changed my perspective; but that was a little difficult from the car! πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing yours.

6. thirdeyemom says:

Amazing! It was 82 on Friday here I’m Minneapolis! Technically our snowiest month! Yet the weather these last few weeks has been like early June! Crazy. When do the cherry blossom typically bloom? I am heading out there in a week but most likely missed them.

7. Great capture, Dmitrii!

8. I’ve been watching our Magnolia trees over the last couple of days. I think yesterday and today will be their peak times before the blossoms start to fall. This is a beautiful shot and wonderful perspective!

Thanks, evergreen magnolia in my yard does not bloom in the spring, so I had to research about saucer magnolia as I was not familiar with it. I think they all bloom at different times.

9. selah says:

what a wonderful way to look at it.. here it would be cherry blossoms, you have inspired me to look for a “spring snowfall”

10. Lynne Ayers says:

Spring snow is not so unusual here so I was prepared … I LIKE your spring snow.

11. lidipiri says:

Love the feeling that “springs” from me when I see your photo. πŸ™‚

12. Here we have the ornamental Japanese plum trees that give us pink snow. Magnolias are even more exotic.

13. Pingback: Spring’s Snow | The World Through My Eyes

14. apictureadaybyroxy says:

Beautiful capture.

15. I think the magnolias are magnificent, too, great perspective! Was just at the tidal basin this morning and the cherry blossoms are definitely here. Looking forward to how you capture them!

16. Find Focus says:

Beautiful capture! I was looking at Bradford Pear blossoms littering the street two days ago and wishing I had my camera. Just as you described it, I kept thinking of it as ‘spring snow’. πŸ™‚

17. How very beautiful! This is a lovely photo!

18. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    A gorgeous photo, I love how the pink and white are covering the ground, it looks so pretty, pink as far as he eye can see, very nice.

19. truels says:

Wonderful “snow” – and how nice for you that your magnolias have already been flowering! they have not even started here yet….

20. The low perspective absolutely makes this shot! This is so spectacular! I would love to see this scene in person let alone actually get to photograph it! Well done Dmitrii!

21. Now that’s the kind of “Snow” I can handle. It doesn’t look so cold. Nice perspective. Well captured

22. Judy says:

awesome photo!

23. samacwns says:

That’s so pretty! Look at all the blossoms!

24. Goodness! It looks faintly unreal – as if the props department for a movie went overboard for the ‘petals on the lawn’ scene. Beautiful.

25. Ambre Falls says:

Great pic! I really love these trees and they are blooming everywhere right now.

26. duffythewriter says:

You have some beautiful photos here, the Cherry Blossom is just stunning and the photos have such atmosphere.

27. Ben Leib says:

Beautiful. I was recently in Portland, where the cherry blossoms were just beginning to bloom. It was amazing, particularly on overcast days.

28. Gorgeous image! We have the real snow here in the mountains of Maine this morning after several 70 degree days! Your photos here are wonderful!

29. Gorgeous magnolia petals πŸ™‚