Nubble Light

You might remember my two previous posts with Nubble Light, you can see them under the Maine/York category. For this one I was trying to get very low and close to the water and try to get reflection of the Nubble Light in this little water puddle. The angles did not work at all and I could not get it into the view. Also I had to be very careful walking on this rock, it was very slippery and I did not want to crash into the water.

This entry was posted in Maine, York and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to Nubble Light

1. Great image…..I bet you can never spend too much time at this location.

probably not if time is not an issue. we spent there only about 30 minutes, driving up the coast to Portland, had to move on and see if any other cool spots were around

2. Chillbrook says:

This is a lovely picture. Reading your blog, I have started experimenting with HDR. I have a Nikon D7000 with the standard 18-105 lens but again from reading you blog I now have a Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm lens in my ‘saved for later’ on Amazon. I’m saving hard. Your pictures are inspirational and your tips are great, especially for someone starting out in photography as I am. Thank you.

good luck and stop for stopping by. I hear that D7000 is a great camera and that lens is good too, it is almost as wide as 14-24 (or 10-24) but can zoom into far away as well.

3. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    It does look like a bit of a dangerous spot, I know how slippery rocks can get along the open water, but the photo is magnificent. The lighthouse and living quarters look unreal sitting there with nothing else around so isolated, very good capture.

Someone commented back on one of the previous images that during lowest point of the low tide you can almost walk across to it. this was a low tide, but not that low.

4. wow! it’s awesome. That’s look really very amazing place.

5. Nice composition , beautiful colors

6. Beautiful composition Dimitrii. I lvoe the leading lines. Those rocks take the eye right up to the lighthouse. I love this shot.

7. Ciao Dmitri, wonderful atmosphere, l want to take a dip in the water, lovely colors. Lynne

hehe, it is a bit cold, it was taken last year in early April in Maine, but if you had a wet suite then it could be done. We were watching surfers up the coast on the same day while eating some lobster rolls – tasty food

8. selah says:

so beautiful! it looks like a painting.. the composition is wonderful.

9. Nothing to be added to these wonderful compliments except my own congratulations to the photographer once again.

10. Jane Lurie says:

Spent many summers in York Beach, Dimitrii, and loved photographing Nubble Light. You’ve done a masterful job! This is a gorgeous composition and lighting. Thank you for bringing back great memories of sitting on those rocks!

11. vydnic says:

Great photo! Amazing clouds and lovely view.

12. What a glorious image πŸ™‚

13. kerry says:

I am really appreciating how HDR can be so visually powerful. This is a fantastic picture. As you said, you’ll just to go back out there for another try at getting that reflection. I think you had a beautiful day, with great cloud formation. Worth the effort to get to such i difficult spot. Wonderful!

14. Ambre Falls says:

All I can say is Wow! This is truly beautiful.

15. Anne Jutras says:

Beautiful HDR image, look natural and perfect color. πŸ™‚

16. lrntn says:

really cool .. . and the place looks totally unreal, almost like a castle that pops up out of nowhere

17. This is just beautifully done ! Do you do anything in addition to the HDR processing? The colors and sharpness are brilliant.

thanks, it is three step process – shoot, make HDR via photomatix and then do final clean up via CS5 – check my HDR 101, I step thorugh my basic workflow.

18. orples says:

First thing that pops into my mind here is “The ghost and Mrs. Muir” (I think that was the ladies name)…. it was a cool movie. I must be getting old. The next thing I see is a marvelous photograph. Great shot!.

I never seen it, but now you spark my interest, i’ll have to check out if they have it on netflix

• orples says:

You should watch the original movie from the 1940’s (?). You will love it. It is a very original and creative movie, well worth watching. I’m not sure if I spelled the ladies name correctly. If not, I know it’s close.

19. Beautiful. I love Nubble Light. Great job capturing the beauty of that area.

20. I love it! you have such an awesome and unique charming style. I feel like I could recognize your photos anywhere even if they weren’t paired with your name!

21. Alaska Girl at Heart says:

I love the angle you took this from. The perspective makes the photo not just beautiful, but amazing.

22. eideard says:

The Maine coast is one of the very few things I miss about New England. Growing up on the southern NE coast, subsistence fishing – living now in high desert country, I’m dry for the first time in my life. πŸ™‚

23. !!YaZ!! says:

The red colour just pops out………..
    making it more amazing to look at…
    beautifully taken..

24. Travel Thom says:

Amazingly beautiful pictures you got there Dimitri, I get very inspired! I see that in my case I need to get out where it is “slippery” to get the better angel! πŸ™‚ I need to practice more!

thanks!, yes, I always try to remind myself to step away from where everyone takes their photos (after taking them as well :-)) and see if there are any other interesting angles on the same subject. sometimes it can be done sometimes not, but the radar is always on for it πŸ˜‰

25. aqueoussun says:

Great photo and textbook use of leading lines πŸ™‚

26. Ann Marquez says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! (Did I mention that I LOVE it? :D)
    Excellent job.

27. Mark Routt says:

Gorgeous Dmitrii!

28. This is so, so, beautiful. I love it! In fact, I love most of your photos!

29. reesephoto says:

i want to live in that mansion on the rocks there. Seen many people wipe out on those rocks over the years. Nice shot

30. maine1nyc says:

Even though you didn’t get everything you were after, you still took a dynamic photo. The one you are after is still waiting for you.

31. lemaniaindigo says:

I LOVE Nubbles Point and go there at least once a year. I have tons of photos but I must say mine do not look as good as yours. Fantastic!

32. truels says:

Reflections or not, you captured a great photo here – and I’m glad you didn’t slip into the water πŸ˜‰

33. Thanks for the wonderful view of this lighthouse. So magnificent, I am blown away!

34. Ben Leib says:

Another image that feels as if there’s a narrative behind it, waiting to be told.

35. Just an amazing shot. Perfection. πŸ™‚

36. Unsungpoet says:

Fantastic!…All dreamy, like a painting…