Spying In

Walking around historic downtown Charleston will present you with many little courtyards of those million dollar houses. Most of them are very well maintained with some cool landscaping and lighting. When I see them I always wish I had one of those. It almost looks like real one.

This entry was posted in Charleston, South Carolina and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Spying In

1. Wow, I’d love to walk in…

2. dianajhale says:

I went here years ago and remember looking into courtyards and alleys like this – I guess it is a Hispanic thing.

3. Luscious greens, very relaxing. Would love to spend a little time in one, but glad someone else has to maintain it! I have a black thumb!

4. P.S. Great capture of the light and detail, Dmitrii!

5. wiffer says:

I love wandering the back alleyways of Charleston

6. Lee says:

Charleston is a rich place to shoot – I’ve taken some similar photos there I really like. That looks like it is close to the Unitarian Cemetary. Savannah is another place like that (as you know). Nice shot as always!

not sure where it was, we were walking back from dinner at the Market street to our hotel (one of the old ones next to the restourant with ghost), but not the straight line, going zig-zag thorugh many streets. this was somewherre in between

7. Love the mood you created here… Beautiful and peacefu, and yet also mysterious, exotic, and forbidden due to the gate. Nicely done!

8. Very nice shot. My husband’s home town which I agree is very pretty! Thank you for sharing!

9. Ambre Falls says:

Wow…wish I had the key to unlock the gate. I would die for a garden like that!

10. Most people would put their camera up to the bars and try to shoot the picture that is beyond the bars. You’ve added a whole different dimension by making the bars a main feature of the photo. Very creative thinking.

11. Someone says:

Ugh, love the greenery!

12. annie says:

You take a lot of cool pictures, but I guess you must already know this. This picture makes me think of Alice in Wonderland.

13. apple.e.e-s. says:

this is very inviting. hubby and i also loved peeking at the gates in charleston. it makes us feel like we are in europe 🙂