Times Square Reflections

It was pouring rain in NYC when I showed up at the Times Square, my shoes got soaked wet in about five minutes, but I was hoping to get some interesting shots of this famous place with some cool reflections. It is probably the busiest place in USA, the crowds never stop, morning or midnight. This rain actually helped with pushing most of them into the stores and off the street. The place is amazing!!!

This entry was posted in NY, NYC and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to Times Square Reflections

1. Z says:

basically the only big city in the US I haven’t visited, such a shame.

2. Wow, that shot is a real assault on the senses. Fantastic array of colours and textures and so much energy!

3. Great image, it captures all the feal of Times Square…..BUT love the Ghost with the umbrella! I also wonder if the Kodak advert will soon become one more memory of the past.

Yep, to me umbrella with the ghost man is actually making this photo special. And, yes, Kodak might be history one day…I’ll keep this photo, just in case

4. colee112 says:

Amazing shot! oh Time’s Square. There’s no place like it.

5. John says:

Ah the Circus……Marvelous place to be with a camera. Wonderful Shot. Love the light play and the reflections in the exposure. I can almost hear the crackling of the neon.

6. Truels says:

Great light, reflections and colors – I’d love to visit NY – soon hoprfully.

7. Of the Angels Designs says:

Gorgeous shot! I have some night shots of Times Square–it lends itself to some great night photos because of the wonderful blending of colors. Love being there at night.

8. I always look forward to your blog photos!

9. jazzersten says:

Stunning photo with the reflections in the wet pavement and the motion of the people. Well done.

10. Filipino Festival says:

Reblogged this on FilipinoFestival.com.

11. Leanne Cole says:

I have some night photography when it is wet and I want to do it as well. So hard to organise though. Your photo looks amazing.

12. Scott says:

Dimitri, I’m always so impressed by your eye and compositions!. If you’re ever in the NYC area again, maybe we can go on a photo field trip together.

Hi Scott, sure thing, I’ll keep you in mind when I next go there, although not sure when it is going to be. Many times my little trips are “hit and run”, coming through somewhere or just visiting for a day or two on a very short notice. NYC is probably not going to happen for many month, could be years…

13. heidiwriter says:

Wow! I’m impressed with your photos! Thanks for visiting my little blog travelogue!

14. Wow! Stunning photo! Love the way you captured color here.

15. DGuidas says:

Love the color and vibrancy. The tilted horizon bugs me a little, especially when there is buildings involved, but that’s me.

16. Getting ready to move to the City in May and this image makes me even more excited to go! And all of your photography is really great!

17. ybawany says:

Dear Dimitrii,

This is a phenomenal picture. Just took my breath away.

Thank you for visiting my blog and liking my post. It’s a humbling experience, being recognized by someone as talented as you.

Cheers,
    Yousuf

18. Almost makes me homesick…. Great shot!

19. hannahbanana says:

The lights, reflections … gorgeous! Hope I’ll get to visit NYC someday. 🙂 The man in the foreground is especially intriguing. As a photographer-in-training, I actually didn’t know much about HDR, so to have stumbled upon your tutorial was great! Keep up the lovely photos and thanks for stopping by my blog as well! 🙂

20. Times Square looks so much better in the rain! Awesome photo – especially the guy with the umbrella on the left!

21. JOnKEnna says:

You have a really good eye. No amount of expensive photographic equipment can give a person that

22. eatcakebemerry says:

This is a really awesome shot! Very cool

23. Dmitrii says:

thanks all for stopping by and leaving comments! appreciated!

24. Victor Ho says:

Needless to say, it’s a great shot, made even better by the rain reflections. You have really caught some of the energy of the city.

25. So many nice colors in this shot.

26. aqueoussun says:

Very nicely done….

27. Wes B. says:

This is by far the best blog I’ve ever seen in my life. 🙂 That picture of Times Square is enchanting. Would you mind terribly if I used it as my desktop background?

You are posting such fabulous images, and I’ll be taking some time to look over them all. It looks like you’ve been all over the world. I hope you will continue to post your photography for us!

28. I really really love this shot…the sky in the background, for me, just completes it. A place I’d love to go to so it’s nice to see it presented in such a beautiful way.

29. ramaink says:

Oh my, that overcast, back lit stormy cloud is a bit disconcerting. 😀
    Raw Nature vs. Raw Urbanization?

30. What a wonderful shot!! Thank you for visiting my blog!!

31. Susie says:

Fab saturation and reflections – the legless pedestrian is quite extraordinary and adds another dynamic element to the shot! Thanks for sharing – and for your interest too in my recent post, ‘Discover the wonders of pinhole photography’… I’m delighted you liked it!
    Best wishes,
    Susie

32. Really like this shot. Has lots of ‘feeling’ that sets it apart from the usual Times Square shot.
    Thanks

33. ocirne10 says:

that smoke on top of the building is mind blowing! great shot

34. Pingback: New York–Looking North | Travel Photography by Dmitrii Lezine

35. Shelvia says:

Yep. GREAT SHOT! Mindblowing.