Tidal Pools, Never the Same

Last summer we were staying at a little resort in Yachats, Oregon, right in that middle blue house on this photo. I took this photo on the first evening, just after we arrived there. The following two days I went out to check the beach and every time it was completely different. During low tides it did not have the same tidal pools at all. Ocean really controls the beach and how it looks day after day.

It was a nice and cool night in early August. I’d love to go back and visit it again one day. Oregon coast is awesome.

This entry was posted in Oregon, Yachats and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to Tidal Pools, Never the Same

1. Thank goodnes for the changing oceans……a constant that never is.

2. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    What an incredible photo, a true mirror image, and tide looks to be right out going by the person out for a walk, really remarkable photo, I love it. πŸ˜‰

3. pwtourism05 says:

That ocean is breathtaking.. I wish I could go there and see it myself

4. wiffer says:

One of our best vacation memories for me! The wayside lodge was the perfect getaway.

5. Tania Smith says:

I love the bands of colour and the shoreline soaked in bright sunlight – gorgeous capture!

6. orples says:

Beautiful reflective shot. I always thought it so cool the way a body of water mirrors an image so perfectly.

as long as it does not move. a bit of wind will take that mirror right off the surface in a second

• orples says:

That’s true, but then you have another interesting photo, though not ‘mirror image’ per sey. Mother Nature is a mobile artist, changing the scenery to suit her mood. πŸ˜‰

7. John says:

Terrific Reflection.

8. How very observant of you to notice how the ocean action changes constantly. Great picture as usual.

9. Vicki says:

beautiful reflection.. and fun trying to pronounce Yachats πŸ™‚

10. maydelory says:

Really like this image. Thanks so much. Nice to look at this time of year for those persons living in eastern Canada.

I guess it depends where you live, I’m sure eastern part of Canada has a lot fo nice places to visit. it might be a bit cold at the moment though

11. Beautiful shot and I love the Oregon coast!!!

12. Alaska Girl at Heart says:

As always your photos are stunning. Perfect symmetry with the reflection. I love this photo.

13. Nice. Hard to figure out where you’re standing to take the photo!
    Don

14. Inge says:

Beautiful! πŸ™‚

15. jazzersten says:

Very nice reflection!

16. Snapshooter says:

The warmth and quiet motion of the hills and their reflections is very serene…

17. Great symmetry. What a crystal clear reflection of shapes and colors!

18. Really enjoyed looking through your blog. Amazing photos – and lots of familiar places as well. You’ve got a great eye!

19. cidnlars says:

Awesome shot! Just perfect.

20. designmuse says:

what an amazing reflection! Beautiful shot!

21. Gunta says:

Welcome to my world. I totally love living on the Oregon Coast. Never seem to get enough of it…. whether in real life or pictures like yours.

Thanks for visiting my site.

22. Sony Fugaban says:

Oh my what a reflection image you have there … JUST AMAZING!

23. What a fantastic photo πŸ™‚

24. A perfect symmetry for a perfect photo!

25. Great photo; I love Yachats (did you eat at that delicious “gourmet” restaurant there, that features locally-grown produce, etc.? I forgot its name, unfortunately), and the entire OR coast.

26. EncikKopiO says:

really awesome pict πŸ™‚

27. The Washington coast is pretty amazing as well.