Lope’s Hope

This is another cool aircraft (P-40E Warhawk) displayed at the Air and Space Museum near the Dulles Airport in Virginia. You can read more about the history of these single-engine, single-seat, all-metal fighter and ground attack aircrafts here on Wikipedia.

This entry was posted in Air Space Museum, Virginia and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Lope’s Hope

1. amidstmod says:

Really nice capture. Love the tones and comp.

2. Have you been there before? I got to see the Enterprise. I also recomend taking a good look at the Enola Gay.

3. Scott says:

I always love the colors in all your photos. Rich, never overly bright, a perfect balance to make your photographic gems shine.

4. Alex Autin says:

Very cool photograph!

And thanks for the wiki link!

5. orples says:

Those WWII fighter planes meant business, didn’t they? They even looked aggressive. Beautiful plane: Tragic war.

6. vitacaptus says:

Good use of vignetting technique to draw the eye to the subject. Nice work!

7. kenben says:

Beautiful and nice read.

8. Kristin says:

In the words of my son, “Cool!!!”

9. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    Great photo, it really shows how they went to all the trouble of painting this plane, it does look mean. 🙂

10. Very cool ! I had recently heard of this museum. Hope to make it there someday.

Keep in mind that you need to have a car to get to this one, I don’t think there is public transit at this place. There is another museum in DC, I never been there, not sure what type of aircrafts they have there, but you can get there via public transit system. have fun!

11. nexi says:

Wow – great shot. Makes me itch to get the oils out!

12. Ian Beattie says:

Love these old warbirds, they have such character. Went to the Duxford Airshow in the UK a few years ago. Amazing experience watching these beautiful craft thunder overhead.