About to Bloom

This could be taken anywhere where lotus can grow, which I guess many places on this planet. This photo was taken somewhere downtown Beijing, on one of the many lakes near the center of Chinese capital.

I’m starting a new project at work and this is for it to bloom into something awesome and nice (as IT projects can be awesome and nice, haha) as this lotus soon to be.

This entry was posted in Beijing, China and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to About to Bloom

1. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    A lovely photo, it looks like this particular lotus is going to be one of the beautiful pink ones.
    The lotus flower is certainly very spectacular when in bloom.
    Did you know that the lotus flower is the National flower for Vietnam, Egypt and India?

2. Kristin says:

That is absolutely beautiful!

3. ellzey says:

Great shot!

4. Lovely shot. Good luck on your new project.

5. TayabIqbal says:

Great photos my friend!

6. Vicki says:

can’t wait to see the bloom! the contrast of pink and green is lovely indeed.

7. I live in a metropolitan area. On a corner near a fast-food restaurant, a bank, and an outdoor mall, a small pond was co-opted and turned into a lily pond. It is small but when I sit on its banks and look out over the lilies to the fountain in the center I feel like I’ve been transported somewhere exotic. I love your photo and that it reminds me of this place. I think I’ll go check it out today to see if it might be blooming. Thanks for the inspiration!

8. There’s beauty in the smallest things. How many people walk by and don’t notice them? Your keen eye for detail brings that beauty to our attention.

9. I’ve been really enjoying your photos! thank you 🙂

10. VenusVee says:

Lotus- A new beginning. They are my favorite flowers not only are they beautiful but they grow out of muddy water and end up looking sooo beautiful. Great shot!

thanks. They are, I whish I took more photos of the open flowers while we were there. It was so hot and sticky, really unconfortable late July day, didn’t take my time to enjoy it on actual scene

11. Beautiful photo – never imagined lakes near the centre of Beijing.

12. wiffer says:

that’s near those restaurants, right?

13. orples says:

Delightful little pink bloom, rising up to say “Hello World”. The little fellow really stands out.

14. Louis says:

Very effective use of depth of field.

15. lovely photo and good luck with your new project … am sure its gonna be great !