Winter Paradise, Finally

If you recall, in my yesterday’s post I mentioned about grey skies and rain. Well, weather man was right, it started snowing in the evening and it actually stuck to the ground. This morning we woke up to gorgeous blue skies with everything covered in beautiful white snow.  This is the first for Winston-Salem during this winter. It seams like we had continuous Fall moving into Spring and finally we had some winter action. When I woke up I grabbed my camera and went to my backyard to snap a few photos. Have to document probably the only snow we will get here before it all melts down.

Winter2-small

Winter3-small

This entry was posted in North Carolina, Winston-Salem and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Winter Paradise, Finally

1. Gorgeous! I love the pinky light you get with sunshine on snow, your photographs are just beautiful, as always.

2. weedimageoftheday says:

Really beautiful way to start the day. Thank you for sharing your view!

3. Vivian says:

Beautiful! I wish Singapore snows too!

4. orples says:

I especially like the snow dotted between the stone/bricks in the walk ways. But needless to say, all are beautiful shots.

Yes, me too, this little snow dots only last for a short time before melting and only appear in certain conditions with warm grounds and not super heavy snow. I thought it was cool looking.

5. Good imagination for great images.

6. Beautiful pictures! Wonderful pattern in the third one.

7. You really have to be Johnny-on-the-spot to catch these photos. Our world is always changing and a good has to catch those precious moments before their gone. Love the sidewalk patterns.

8. michaeltuuk says:

Cool patterns in the stonework!

9. larkycanuck says:

The true lies not in just this photography but in finding the opportunity at the intersection of time, space and beauty.

10. scillagrace says:

Absolutely stunning…I love the contrasting shapes and textures with the woodpile and cobblestones. Really adds interest…it’s not just about the blanket, but what’s underneath!

11. Beautiful:) I am just beginning to learn about HDR, so your article will be a huge help:)

12. damurray616 says:

Love the winter photography. Your pictures are really amazing. Keep up the great work.

13. rainey says:

Beautiful! I live just down the road in Fayetteville, and we got…rain. BAH! Your photos are great.

14. My goodness, what a great blog you have! Your photography is very artistic with interesting compositions..Well done!

Thank you for your visit to my site as well.:)

15. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    It does look very beautiful, and I love the patterns the snow has left of the path, very striking.
    A great photo.

16. dan4kent says:

Your photos (especially the two with the flagstone walk and the brick walk) show visceral contrast. Isn’t that Life in a nutshell. Thanks for having the presence of mind to capture a fleeting moment. Nice stuff.

17. Jane Lurie says:

Beautiful snow patterns and leading lines, Dmitrii. Thanks.

18. Vicki says:

Want to say thank you for liking my post The Paiinted Sky.. means a lot that someone liked it..
    Your snow photos are beautiful. the snow-framed pathway and the sunlight on the snow is really lovely.. thank you.

19. Great shots and I love the pattern of the last one.

20. Ian Beattie says:

Lovely photos, looks so pure, clean and peaceful

21. Smedette says:

Just beautiful. I miss living in a place with distinct seasons and snow. Thanks for sharing these.

I would not call all of North Carolina to be a place with distinct seasons. If you make an effort and go to the mountains then yes it is more like four seasons, otherwise it is more like maybe three, spring, long very log summer, fall and almost non existent winter. but over all I think NC is pretty good state to live at.

22. truels says:

I love your photos! Also these ones – my favorite is the first one – a great composition, and the light is fine.

23. As a Canadian expat living on the North Island of New Zealand, it’s nice to see snow. Thanks!

24. JallieDaddy says:

Wow! Fabulous photos! I love the way you’ve captured geometric shapes amidst the natural beauty of the snow

25. Ben Leib says:

Love it, there’s nothing like the first snow. I know it’s been mentioned, but it’s beautiful the way that the cobblestones and bricks melted the snow just above them.

26. Anne Jutras says:

What a wonderful set of images. I’m from Quebec, Canada, we just had our first snowstorm this last week-end, and winter is almost over. It’s not has it’s use to be… Anyway, I really love your composition, specially the first photo, the composition is perfect. Great work. 🙂

27. Mike says:

I also love the patterns on the walkways….just enough snow for me too!

28. nimmychacko says:

Love the last picture.

29. Susie says:

Gorgeous shots that are a pleasure to view – thank you for sharing…
    Susie

30. Great eye for this shot.

31. You have a beautiful collection of photos! I love snow and winter. Thanks for checking out my blog! stay tuned for more 😉