Cheer Up with Colors

Yesterday was a beautiful day with temperatures around 60F, which overnight changed into rain and right now it is cold and grey, weather man predicting abut 4-6 inches of snow in North Carolina mountains and potential snow at lower elevations as well. To cheer myself up I decided to post this colorful autumn photo from North Carolina mountains, where it is probably snowing at the moment.

This is Blue Ridge Parkway’s Lin Cove Viaduct, snaking around Grandfather Mountain. Enjoy!

This entry was posted in Blue Ridge Parkway, Grandfather Mountain, North Carolina and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Cheer Up with Colors

1. Zeke Changuris says:

A brautiful picture. It reminds me of my parents place in Western MD in the fall.

2. orples says:

Stunning photo. The highway reminds me of a ribbon winding its way around the mountain and through the trees.

3. Steve Z. says:

This one is great! Vibrant colors!

4. barbaraweicksel says:

Amazing – absolutely amazing…

5. scillagrace says:

Didn’t you post this earlier some time? It seems familiar…or maybe it is one stretch of road frequently photographed for “America’s Most Scenic Highways” or something….nevertheless, it is one of my all-time favorites!

yes, I posted very similar shot, just a bit different angle. It was a good day to take photos, just point camera and push the button. The light was super nice to all of us out there.

6. Incredible! Those colours are superb.

7. Like a painter’s palette!

8. Alaska Girl at Heart says:

Love, love, love this photo. Thanks for sharing it. I hope to capture images like this someday.

9. Stunning, colorful, photo! Thanks for sharing!

10. Lovely. Have traveled that Parkway.

11. dan4kent says:

Stopping by to say ‘thank-you’ for your LIKE, I was floored. You really have an eye for this…while the Parkway shot caught me for the vantage view, your Seattle pic made me stop in my tracks. Labor of Love indeed.

12. Debra Kolkka says:

The colours are amazing!

13. S Joe says:

Fantastic. Loved the road and the colours. Very scenic.

14. Mike says:

Wow, beautiful!

15. Beautiful scenery. Definitely a pick me up. Thanks for visiting my blog today. 🙂

16. David Patterson says:

I used to live just off the Blue Ridge Parkway and remember this scene… absolutely beautiful!

17. Wowwwww!!! What a beautiful picture! Wish I can take a picture like that…

18. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    That is just so beautiful, the colours are magnificent, and the view, well that is really priceless, a fantastic photo, I love it.

19. tqwee says:

Stunning photo! I’ve nominated you for the versatile blogger award. Check out my link if you’re interested in participating=]

20. Amazing colors…love the snap Dimitri!

21. Nice composition and colors

22. Jox says:

Oh such wonderful colors! The yellow, orange, and brown hues remind me of how the rock formations in Blue Mountain would change with the time of the day and the seasons as well. 🙂

23. Boyer Writes says:

I am from N.C and spent time in VA also. So beautiful!
    Just wondering if you can share with me your secret to really sharp, all focused photography. I often find that just a portion of my photos are in really crisp focus. Do you shoot raw or jpeg? Do you think manual or auto focus is best? I use a digital Canon camera…higher grade. my email is boyerwrites@yahoo.com Thanks. Nancy

Hi Nancy,
      I confgured my camera with one focus point only, which I can move with controls. When I look at the scene I focus into one third of the scene, this way pretty much all of it will be in sharp focus. In many situations, especially with challanging light, after autofocusing camera I switch my lense to manual focus – this is to ensure that camera does not refocus when I try to take a shot. Depending on the scene, you have to change aperture to accomodate for sharpness, in most situations keeping it around 5.6 to 11 will provide best results, especially if you have scene with foreground and background subjects. Finally, I use different techniques in software to get it look sharper as well. See my HDR101, it shows most of those techniques. Thanks!

24. JallieDaddy says:

Really stunning! It looks like a beautiful part of the world; I’d like to visit there someday.

25. aqueoussun says:

Beautiful job of capturing the colours….

26. truels says:

Excellent photo, great depth and amazing colors. Nice work!

27. pitchlight says:

Perfectly gorgeous…just what I needed to brighten my day!

28. This cheered me up! It’s so beautiful.

29. This is absolutely breathtaking! I love autumn and all its colors.