Good Morning

I’ve never done scheduled posts with making it visible on my blog at some point in the future. For this sunrise shot I want to ‘surprise’ myself with it appearing for me in the morning without me actually doing anything at that time, I’m actually posting it the night before, get it? Not sure why I’m saying it here, because you probably looking at it at some other point during the day and it will not have the same effect. Well, I think I’m doing this just to amuse myself, and if you enjoy the ride, well that’s good too.

Anyhow, this is Atlantic Beach in North Carolina, Thanksgiving Day morning in 2010. It was a nice day.

This entry was posted in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Good Morning

1. StillWalks says:

Why not use it as your desktop image?

2. Lee says:

Nice Dmitrii! Can you share the EXIF? I always have issues getting birds in that kind of light…

3. BoJo Photo says:

A nice morning that turned into a great picture!

4. Travelista says:

Ha I often schedule my posts. It actually comes in quite handy especially if you know you’re going to be busy (Or just don’t want to get up :D) Beautiful picture!!!

5. Boyer Writes says:

I am from NC originally…now a Floridian. The east coast has some great sunrises. Beautiful shot. Nancy

6. orples says:

Another beautiful sunrise! Aren’t we blessed by the beauty of our Earth?

7. larkycanuck says:

I like how the sun is centred in the middle of the photo.

8. Fantastic morning, especially for those beach fishermen.

9. I always schedule my posts… been doing it for almost 2 months, I work on them at night and schedule for the morning… on weekends, I sometimes do a live release just for fun 🙂

you are more orginized than me. most of the time I have to be in the mood to post an image. I usually have a few of them processed on weekends and they seat in my “to be published” folder. then i look at them again and publish the one that I feel the most connection at that given moment.

10. crazyloststar says:

Just beautiful! 🙂

11. Dia says:

I love the way the colors reflect in the strip of water-wash left on the sand behind the fisherman…almost as though the sunrise is playing a game with them, trying to distract them with a grand sky display while sneaking up from behind. Only the men don’t even notice because…well…they’re FISHING. Not even the cosmos can compete with that.

I love the perfect “V” of birds…were they posing for you?

I can see why you’d want to wake up to this. Scheduled posting is a great tool.

12. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    As I’m typing this, it is just after 6 am here in Australia, and a beautiful morning as well. 😀
    I love the photo, you just can’t beat early mornings, I would love to have a place like this close enough to just go and have a walk. There is just something about early morning along the beach.

13. melfrommass says:

That’s beautiful. I like doing scheduled posts because I know that there are fewer readers online when I write my post at 10:30 pm than there are at say, 9:31 am the next morning.

14. Beautiful shot, and the processing is great, Dmitrii. I’m amazed the birds in flight turned out so well. Another example of how well Photomatix handles ghosting. Actually, until I read your comment above with the exif information I didn’t realize it was an HDR. This is visual verification of why I love living in North Carolina. I’m going to be camping in Rodanthe in May and will be looking for some opportunities to capture some great sunrises, like this.

We live in a nice state! The birds came from the first bracket, on the third they are pretty much out of frame. Latest version of fotomatix is doing very good job at it. Have fun on your camping trip, I hope you get nice weather with some color in the sky.

15. truels says:

Very beautiful and peaceful morning scene. I wish I was there……

16. Kristin says:

Well, I missed this for sunrise, but I’m on the west coast and it’s sunset now so I’m pretending it’s a sunset 🙂 Great picture!!

17. Judy says:

Awesome photo! Love the variations of color in the clouds….the movement of the water…the birds in flight….the silhouetted fishermen…a totally great photo.

18. lovely foto, & thx for making me aware of this option to set the blog ahead of time…

19. Beautiful! You’ve captured it perfectly!

20. taniajessica says:

Good Morning indeed! Lovely

21. Madhu says:

We experienced this too! I understand wanting to pose with your pretty daughter, but we are Asian and an old (almost 🙂 ) couple to boot! Also never quite figured out the victory sign 🙂

22. Madhu says:

Oops that response was meant for the China post 🙂 Not sure how it got here!

23. I enjoyed your photos. I’m such an amateur, there’s a lot to learn. I lived in Atalantic Beach NC back 34 years back. What a great place!
    Thanks for the post.