Most Unexpected Rainbow

Last night I spent in Portland Oregon. According to weather reports today will be overcast with 90% chance rains. And they are right, outside is all grey with some rain already. So this morning I didn’t even bother of trying to see if there will be any type of sunrise. I woke up every 20 minutes or so and looked through my 16th floor hotel window to see how bad it is, just to see more rain. Then imagine my surprise when I saw this out of my window. Full rainbow (could not even fit it into my super wide lens). I don’t remember when I saw a full rainbow, many many years ago.

I think Portland was smiling at me, was saying good morning and tried to excuse itself for Northwest winter weather.

It lasted about 5 minutes and then it disappeared, back to the grey and dull skies with more rain. Ok time to go get some Starbucks now.

PortlandRainbow-small

This entry was posted in Oregon, Portland and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Most Unexpected Rainbow

1. Natalia says:

Wow!!! This is super cool.
    You’re so lucky to see this event!

2. Afsal Ismail says:

That’s one amazing shot, Nice capture!

3. Joveline says:

Being from Pittsburgh, Pa (dark dreary days), I can truly appreciate this post. Beautiful picture.

4. Boyer Writes says:

So perfect. Not often that is fully connected. Thanks for sharing. Great shot. Nancy Boyer http://www.boywrites.wordpress.com

5. wiffer says:

Pretty sweet considering you didn’t even get up and head out for your sunrise shot!

6. Jeremy says:

Great capture! It’s cool you also captured the 2nd Rainbow above it.

7. Pat Bean says:

I’ve never seen a full rainbow before. Absolutely awesome. I gave you a Bean’s Pat on my blog today so others could enjoy it as well. Thanks for sharing.

8. Fantastic, huge and–*double*! What a prize!!

9. Liz J says:

WOW! That’s incredible!

10. This took my breath away! Thank you for sharing!

11. sanslartigue says:

Very nice photo! Full rainbows are pretty standard here in Portland, we just don’t advertise them like we do the beer and coffee. Someday the New York Times will discover them, but for now you get the credit.