Miss Rita

I like how captains name their boats after woman they love. Whether it is their wife, daughter, mother or mistress, most boats have female names and have some meaning to their owner. Like in this instance it is a working fishing boat, going every day into Atlantic ocean for a daily catch to be served at the restaurant behind my back. I bet there is a woman named Rita working in that restaurant, cooking food or overseeing its operations. I can’t recall the name of the place but they served some good sea food.

This entry was posted in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Miss Rita

1. Alex Autin says:

Wow! Very, VERY, nice shot!

I like to think Rita is in that restaurant too….

2. leereed says:

Nice shot. All the angles contribute to the feeling of movement. Is the horizon level? If not, you appear to have gotten away with it in this shot, but watch that carefully. Most shots are not so forgiving.

3. plaidoak says:

Great picture! The sky looks beautiful. I always liked boat names too. Here’s one that I posted on Monday, “Agnes Marie”: http://plaidoak.com/2012/01/16/agnes-marie/ (o:

4. Nate says:

Very nice image. Love the colors and the detail in the boat especially. I agree with what leereed says, it doesn’t really look like the horizon is level here (It could just be the water and differen’t sizes of boats playing tricks on the eyes), but in this case it adds a great feeling of motion. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photograph.
    Nate

hmm, I think it is a visual effect, with docks on the right sticking higher then on the left. Also here for me it was more important to get this boat into the frame than making horizon absolutley leveled, if it is not. This was taken at 14mm, as wide as I could get, getting it all in was a challange.

5. Mr Mole says:

Top picture, not keen on HDR, but the subject is great and well taken.
    Mike

6. Carltonaut says:

A great shot! Thanks for sharing.

7. Wow nice photo,great shot

8. josh says:

i always liked boats Dmitrii. great work! i also use a d90.

9. weedimageoftheday says:

Great photo! I love the colors, and can almost feel the cool ocean air.

10. Wonderful sharpness and intensity here. The waterfront and piers and docks always have so much fantastic stuff to catch the eye!
    Kathryn

11. cidnlars says:

Great photo…eye catching.

12. aqueoussun says:

Great work…. Would love to be there rather than in the middle of a dull, cold, wet English January….