Ever Sunshine in Erie?

Right before Christmas we went to see relatives in NorthEast PA. It is a suburb of Erie. For three mornings in the row I got up early – thankfully it is not so early in December – and drove up to the Presque Isle State Park in hopes of getting sunrise shot with the lighthouse over the Lake Erie. Nope. No such luck. Every morning was grey and miserable with no sign of the sun. Sun would be coming right behind the lighthouse, so I took this photo to remember what did not happen.

I heard many gun shots while at the park. A lot of hunters are out there during this time of the year. PA actually has lottery for hunting license to this park. Not sure what they hunt for, probably deer or maybe turkey.

This entry was posted in Erie, NorthEast PA, Pennsylvania and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Ever Sunshine in Erie?

1. 96arley says:

Still a great shot. Maybe you can Photoshop in a sunset 🙂

2. Carltonaut says:

I like the shot, even without the sun in it. The almost matching colors of the sky and water blend together, so the path out to the Lighthouse stands out even more. Great photo. Thanks for sharing.

3. Pat Bean says:

I love your lighthouse and water photograph. It makes me feel peaceful inside. Thank you.

4. Marcel says:

Awesome reflection

As is in any lighthouse the light is moving around, I probably took at least a dozen photos, with only one or two at the perfect reflection time. Thanks!

5. stromatoliteful says:

Thanks for liking my post, you have some great photos here
    Ben

6. This picture doesn’t need a sunset, I like it like that 🙂 It is kind of mysterious yet very calming. Love it! Do not like hunters though. I’m always afraid of stray bullets 😀

I hear you, I was kind of ‘looking’ around for stray bullets as well. It is all regulated and they probably not allowed to shoot in certain directions, but never know.

7. mimo khair says:

beautiful photo and reflection!

8. spurandprod says:

The composition and color are perfect in this.

9. DGuidas says:

This photo is way better than the sunrise photo would have been. The blues contrasting with the red light and reflection…perfect. Nice composition and minimalism too. I’ve meant to take the drive to Erie last summer and never made it but I like it in winter when there’s less people around.

Well, Erie is not that exciting, really, not sure if you missed whole a lot. I was at the same spot during last summer and it was packed with people. It is the place to go if you are in Erie and weather is nice.

10. Had the sun been out, the reflection might not have been so pronounced. Beautiful!

11. still love it without the sun 🙂

12. mareymercy says:

Love the reflection on the water.

13. Robin says:

Gorgeous shot, even without (or maybe especially without) the sun.

I visited Presque Isle State Park last winter and it was a very different scene. Lake Erie was frozen over and there were ice dunes along the shore. It looked like a scene from the Arctic Circle.

14. Wow, Great photography!

15. Caryn says:

Striking image. No sunset necessary. 🙂

16. I really like the simplicity of this one, grey and black. Thanks for liking my posts by the way! Wow, you’e travelled all over, seems fun!

17. Reblogged this on Start Creating! and commented:
    Travel Photography: Someone every artist should dabble in, here’s a great blog
    example of a travel photographer, motivated to document places all over the world. Isn’t it lovely to see pictures and wonder “hmm, would I like to live there?”

18. anj3lsong says:

Gorgeous! Love the reflection of the light! Nicely captured 😀

19. limner1 says:

Very lovely. Choosing a favorite was hard until I saw this. It reminds me of myself. LOL.