Beautiful HDR in Three Easy Steps

HDR 101

I decided to document my HDR processing workflow and share it with everyone else. You can find the first installment by following this link HDR 101 or by click on the HDR 101 link on the right side of the window.

In this tutorial I discuss how I take my photos and what type of post processing I do on most of my photos.

It is so easy, anyone can do it!

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope folks will find it useful in their photographic adventures.

Today’s Image is from Reagan National Airport

I took this photo without tripod by placing camera on the rail and pointing it blind in the right direction. I’ was happy with result and didn’t have to take another shot.

This entry was posted in Tutorial, Virginia, Washington DC and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Beautiful HDR in Three Easy Steps

1. Cowboy says:

Great shot – Almost looks like an artists drawing……..

Thanks! This airport is really photogenic

• Cowboy says:

It is photogenic, but I bet there are thousands of people that walk through that airport who would never believe the image came from there. Many people just don’t take the time to see what’s around them……

Yep, I’m one of them, I’ve been to this airport many times, but never have time to stop and appreciate it. Have to get thrugh the security line, but then there is nothing exciting at the terminal.

2. Great shot, love the point of view and the repetitive ceiling design

3. bllparkfrank says:

Great shot. I love having my camera at airports…they seem to always have lots of lines and glass.

4. Brian says:

Great shot and thanks for the linked tutorial. As someone just starting to take his photography habit seriously, I appreciate the shared experience.

5. I did a lot of the rail and wall balancing with my tiny camera. I’ve always loved what I call the “blind” shot. Fabulous photo, magic. Thanks for following my blog!

6. I find a lot of HDR overdone but this image is a great example of what HDR can be. I love it and I hope to try out your processing techniques soon.

7. ipbrian says:

You got some great color on this one!