IN Your Face

This is an impressive aircraft. I took this photo probably 3-4 feet away from the nose of it, with 14mm wide lens it appears farther than that, but you have to come really close to your subject to get it look even this close. This museum is located near the Dulles airport and free to public, except that you have to pay to park, around $15 if I remember it right, and as far as I know there is no public transportation to get you there. They do not allow tripods but I was told that monopods are OK. I was shooting it all handheld.

BTW, if you want to see more photos from this museum then just go to Air Space Museum category under Virginia – right there –> on the right side. I think they all are pretty cool. Also, I think it looks better in high resolution, which is easy to see, all you need is to click on the image!

This entry was posted in Air Space Museum, Virginia and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to IN Your Face

1. TBM says:

It looks like is is smiling.

2. stunning photo! do you take multiple exposures for HDRs or do it in post processing?

3. xpodesignva says:

This is an awesome image, it has great tones,composition, and colors. Thanks for sharing, and thank you for stopping by my blog.
    I also will have to check out some of those Air & Space museums.

4. Boyer Writes says:

Amazing! Keep up the good work . I enjoy looking at all you do.

5. kirstenelin says:

Wow these are great shots, makes me want to go… my boys would love this place, too.

6. Thank you for visiting my blog and liking it.. 🙂

7. CwithNuEyes says:

This is fantastic! Thank you for visiting and liking my blog 🙂

8. apron6 says:

nice! I like the lighting and colors!

9. Taking this photo from close up truly emphasizes the size of the plane. Simply a great all-around image. This is my first time on your site, after you stopped by my Minnesota Prairie Roots blog. I love what I see. Your photographic talents are impressive. I’ll be back to view more and learn from you.

10. This looks like it would be on the cover of Aerospace Magazine! Lovely!

11. MikeP says:

Really nice comp… love how the lights came out.

12. bllparkfrank says:

beautiful processing, I’m loving your work