Perfect Sunrise

I’m not a morning person, I do like to sleep in and getting up for sunrise is very painful. I can’t tell you how many times this year I got up in hopes to get a nice sunrise picture. A lot. Unfortunately pretty much all of them were either with full overcast or not a single cloud in the sky. Just this past week I was visiting relatives in PA and got up every morning in hopes that clouds would just have tiny little break on the horizon and give me a show. Nope.

I took this photo almost 12 month ago. It snowed the night before and overall it was an overcast, but on the horizon there was just a little break and for about ten minutes I had this amazing show of light. I probably took half a dozen or more pictures that morning. Why couldn’t every morning when I managed to get out be like this?

This entry was posted in CT, Greenwich Point Park and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Perfect Sunrise

1. Sara Yori says:

Beautiful photo!

2. Kathryn says:

A wonderful, calming image.

It is when you look at it. It was very cold that morning, so couldn’t really relax and enjoy it at that time. It doesn’t really look very cold on this one. If you take a look at a few other photos from the same area you’ll see that everything was frozen.

3. TayabIqbal says:

Great shot, love the strong colours

4. SanVar says:

Awesome capture !!! Am not a morning person either…and i can well imagine the cold on top of it !! Phew !! But ur venturing out that day really did pay off wonderfully 🙂 Amazing snap !! Brilliant colors !

5. Find Focus says:

I’m not a morning person either, but I could easily be convinced to suffer a little for a view like this! lol! Thanks so much for sharing this~

6. katealice says:

What a beautiful photograph! There are so many colours in there, incredible.

7. Ann Marquez says:

I feel your pain. I’m a sunset photographer myself 😉 This sunrise is glorious!

8. thomas peck says:

Ha! The he’ll of Dawn photography. I empathise…
    Tom

9. Went to your gallery and was very impressed by your work. Wonderful. Very good at capturing light and creativ compositions. The one thing about crepuscular activity (dawn/dusk) is that it provides some of the best light contrasts and depths of fields (long shadows). Being a morning person myself, I don’t miss many sunrises, and never tire of seeing the magic of a new day birthing forth.
    Was wondering what kind of camera or cameras you use to capture your images,if you don’t mind? Again, I really appreciate your photography.

10. Oops, just found the answer to my own question on your “in my bag.” Sorry bout that.

11. rodalena says:

Beautiful. The colors are mesmerizing.